Jambo Backyard = Jambo Jr??

Uncle JJ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Jambo Backyard, but Jamie said it will take a couple months to make it. I see on Big Poppa Smokers' website that they have the Jambo Jr. in stock. Is this the same exact smoker as the Backyard? Sure looks like it.

Thanks!

Yes it is. The lead time will be the same either way. I looked for used one for a year before i found one a couple weeks ago they are an unbelievable smoker. I love it.

worth the wait I'm sure I would love to have one, Jamie builds a beautiful pit on a final note pull that trigger

I bought a used Jambo backyard from a Bretheren last year about this time.....it was a year old and maybe a tad to0 expensive but I wanted to cook on a gen U Swine offset before I get too old. I CAN NOT tell you the immense pleasure of cooking on it. Now in no way can I compare to most of the talented Bretheren on here.....but it has produced smoked eats better than I ever thought "I" could. Used or New......if offset stick burning is your Muse.....you will LOVE IT!!

Is the backyard made with all of the same materials as the more expensive trailer options? I'm thinking of starting to save for a new smoker, and I've been looking at the Jambos. I don't have a need (nor space) for the large trailer ones, but I am hoping that the backyard is the same quality materials as the larger ones... just smaller.

Is the backyard made with all of the same materials as the more expensive trailer options? I'm thinking of starting to save for a new smoker, and I've been looking at the Jambos. I don't have a need (nor space) for the large trailer ones, but I am hoping that the backyard is the same quality materials as the larger ones... just smaller.

Same quality.

I would call Big Poppa he gets a deal it may be cheaper in the long run and great costumer service. His products products are top notch

As a former albeit brief owner of a Jambo Backyard/Junior, you would be hard pressed to find a higher quality offset out there. They are that nice. The backyard/junior is actually a really good deal when compared to other quality 24"x48" offsets as well.

Thanks everyone! Your comments sealed the deal. I'm ordering my Jambo today! Man, am I pumped! Now the waiting begins....

congrats Uncle JJ. I've been putting buying one for a year. If I see one for sale in NJ I may have to pull the trigger. Can't wait for some pics, congrats again!

Back