BWS Help!

americanwapiti

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Fairly new to the forum as far as posting anything, but I need help on a new smoker. I have a LBGE and looking for more capacity. I was set on a lang, but for some reason the lack of sleep fueling the fire has turned me to a Backwoods Party or Fatboy. No comps yet, just friends and family.

Is this a good smoker? Does anyone do jerky or snack sticks or do you need a bradley type? Lump or briquettes?

Thanks for the help!:help:

Checkout the backyard bombers MJH. Made local, vertical reverse flow very much like the backwoods but 2x the capacity for the dollar

How much capacity do you need? Backwoods are great. You can use either fuel type. A party can cook a decent amount of food, but what is a lot for some isn't much for others.

Do not need a ton of capacity but more than the LBGE. I would like to be able to cook a small variety during a single cook. Not a briquette fan, tried the minion method on WSM and did not taste good. I like backwoods reputation and I have a local dealer.

What is the burn time with lump and an XXL basket for a party?

Where are all the YouTube videos on BWS?

I have a g2 party which is deeper and with the regular charcoal basket when I jam it full of lump (probably 9-10lbs) I can get about a 10hr burn.

Thanks for the all the help. Do you have a special technique to get that burn time? Snake, or coffee can in the corner, etc?

Thanks for the all the help. Do you have a special technique to get that burn time? Snake, or coffee can in the corner, etc?

Nothing special. I light a weber cube in each of the back 2 corners. Also should note that burn time is when I run around 225.

Back