Cooking some Q for the homeless (w/pics)

This is something I have often thought about doing, Kave who does one start out contacting to be able to provide such a service?

I did a google, started with food pantry's they said "no it's perishable" so then tried a soup kitch they said "no health inspection, no go try the homeless shelter. They said "sure" very skeptically, like lots of people talk about it but not many follow through. So if I can give ya advice I'd say start with a homeless shelter, google it with your zip and email the contact listed.

I did a google, started with food pantry's they said "no it's perishable" so then tried a soup kitch they said "no health inspection, no go try the homeless shelter. They said "sure" very skeptically, like lots of people talk about it but not many follow through. So if I can give ya advice I'd say start with a homeless shelter, google it with your zip and email the contact listed.

Thank you!

Check out glenellynbackyardbbq.com this is a BBQ comp and all proceeds go to the Bridge Community. There a non profit organization that helps the homeless. This will be the third year my Father in law and I have competed. Great time and great group of people.

What a great way to give back.
Part of the reason we built (are building) our brick smoker so big is so that we may do the same thing with two of our local churches. Fortunately, both are very close and have kitchens to "work" out of.
We are really looking forward to getting it done so that we may too share our passion for food and helping others.
Thanks for sharing this cook!!:clap:

Back