Kids wanted Brisket (Pron)

hnd

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
the kids were begging for some bbq and this request came at oooohh 1? so i pulled out a 1/3rd of a flat i vac sealed back in november.

boiled the bag in water on medium heat for 20 minutes, pulled out and sliced it up.

The wife will be mad as she is out of town. oh well. hopefully i survive.

18262523361234902089.jpg

49465380517255626989.jpg

14708327279282020051.jpg

it was awesome. the first 2 slices dried up quick but the rest of this thing was perfect. i've started adding coffee to my salt/pepper rub on beef and its been turning out real nice.

Be sure to show her this post when she returns.Serves her right for leaving you and those kids home alone to fend for yourself! Did a fine job of it by the way.(fending for yourselves).:wink:

it was awesome. the first 2 slices dried up quick but the rest of this thing was perfect. i've started adding coffee to my salt/pepper rub on beef and its been turning out real nice.

Is it finely ground coffee or like regular coffee? I've read of folks using this to season steak. But my concern of course would be it taste like..well... coffee grounds like you would get at the bottom of your coffee cup which is not a good texture

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Is it finely ground coffee or like regular coffee? I've read of folks using this to season steak. But my concern of course would be it taste like..well... coffee grounds like you would get at the bottom of your coffee cup which is not a good texture
I've been using coffee rubs since I've been smoking briskets. You would think the meat would be gritty like the bottom of a coffee cup but it is not. I use a regular grind dark roast.

Back