View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by code3rrt View Post
The photos are great! What kind of camera did you wind up with, I've been looking around for a new one myself.

Thanks,
KC
I bought a Panasonic DMC-GF1 FourThirds that was on sale in January about 75% off. I went crazy one night, did a bunch of surfing, understood very little camera jargon and was looking for a $200 camera. The GF1 was about $70 more than I wanted to spend but I had this feeling deep in my gut it was right for me so I went for it. Was I shocked to find out on delivery that it was a body with no lens! Holy smokes! I looked up the cost of a lens and though extremely disappointed to let it go for a reason I could not fathom, I decided to exchange it at their brick and mortar store. Spent a lot of time there, picked two great cameras to exchange the body for but just couldn't do it. I bought a 20mm pancake lens instead. The clincher was I am a writer (because I write, not because I'm published) and I'm working on books I will self-publish. With this camera I could use my own photos for book covers or inside books --buying the lens was cheaper than hiring a photographer. What I'm finding out is this camera fits my head like a glove and it's rekindled the passion that my previous digital camera put out. I'm still learning auto and hope to be fluent in manual by the summer.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->