Your favorite fatty?

forgop

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So, I'll be firing up the Traeger with some butts and a couple of fatties this weekend and want to try making my first 2 fatties. I've already got my mind set on the Philly Cheese Steak I found on here and I can't make up my mind on the 2nd fatty. If you have one that just absolutely stands out, would love to know what you created and a pic would be great. Thanks!

In all honesty, you aren't doing yourself justice until you try a KISS fatty, in my humble opinion.

One of my favorite kinds of fatty to this day is simply one made up with some tin foil hat rub, or some rib rub, and let it smoke for a couple of hours.

Don't get me wrong, I love stuffing them with vegetables, cheeses, and other meats too, but the wonders of a simple fatty are hard to beat.

yea, i'm kinda lazy so just some simple rub without salt and some smoke and i'm good to go. just don't overcook. pull at around 155 deg or so.

I made a Fatty Piston and have used the heck out of it. I'm not sure how many things I've stuffed in a fatty, but it's several dozen by now.

My absolute favorite was a beef tamale fatty, with lean chorizo in place of sausage.

My other favorites have been, in no particular order:
Rueben Fatty
Philly Cheesesteak Fatty
Denver Omelet Fatty
Corned Beef Hash and Eggs Fatty
Biscuits and Gravy Fatty (no milk in the gravy--powder mix and water)
Supreme Pizza Fatty
Blueberry Pancake Fatty (best breakfast ever?)
Pecan Pie Fatty (best dessert ever?)
Leftover Turkey and Cranberry Sauce Fatty
Leftover Stuffing Fatty
Potroast and Taters Fatty

You also can't go wrong with a plain fatty with good sausage and a good rub/sauce.

I like a totally naked fatty with a nice rub on it- Simply Marvelous has some very good ones. The general suggestion seems to be go naked on the first ones

My favorite is pretty simple-sharp cheddar/Jack cheese and jalapenos w/bacon wrap. Second favorite would be the plain ol' nekkid, non-stuffed one. Too much stuff drowns out the delicate pig flavor. :biggrin1:

I have done them all kinds of ways but honestly the favorite in my house is the Fratty. It's a Greek twist on a simple fatty.

2lbs ground lamb
1 container feta
Red onion
Cuccumber
Greek yogurt
lemon
garlic - the onion, cucumber, garlic and lemon go into the yogurt for tzatziki

Just put the ground lamb in a one gallon bag, even it out, cut away bag, season
lay in the feta and roll into log.
Diagonal lattice on the log and smoke at 225 til done

Slice and lay on the garlic tzatziki sauce, I like to use a whole bulb of pressed garlic in mine, I like it with a little sting.

Pizza fatty here...bacon weave, hot italian sausage, then stuffed with pizza sauce, cheese, mushrooms, jalapenos, etc. Awesome!

I like sauteed onions, peppers, & mushrooms with a little fresh mozz.

Nekkid fatties here - just some rub and some smoke. I like to use homemade sausage for 'em - Italian, Kielbasa, breakfast sausage, hot link etc. - all good!

In all honesty, you aren't doing yourself justice until you try a KISS fatty, in my humble opinion.

One of my favorite kinds of fatty to this day is simply one made up with some tin foil hat rub, or some rib rub, and let it smoke for a couple of hours.

Don't get me wrong, I love stuffing them with vegetables, cheeses, and other meats too, but the wonders of a simple fatty are hard to beat.

A slice of nekkid fatty on a biscuit with a fried egg is pure bliss.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
I like the pizza fatty which uses italian sausage instead of breakfast sausage. OR... Put the hot italian sausage link right inside the JD fatty with pizza fixins.

But the standby for me is Sage JD with sliced onion, sliced jalapeno, sliced poblano, and colby jack cheese.

In all the above instances, the cardiac arrest mod with bacon wrap is optional.

I like the pizza fatty which uses italian sausage instead of breakfast sausage. OR... Put the hot italian sausage link right inside the JD fatty with pizza fixins.

But the standby for me is Sage JD with sliced onion, sliced jalapeno, sliced poblano, and colby jack cheese.

In all the above instances, the cardiac arrest mod with bacon wrap is optional.

Yeah, I use italian sausage for mine, not breakfast sausage.

IMG_2056.jpg

Pizza fatty here...bacon weave, hot italian sausage, then stuffed with pizza sauce, cheese, mushrooms, jalapenos, etc. Awesome!

This one sounds awesome...could put the pizza crust around it much like the philly cheese steak for the same effect.

Back