Beer Battered Bickles

Very nice! :clap2:

If you have lost your mind, nobody here is going to be able to tell - we're right there with ya! :twitch: :hungry:

Geez! We just had the county fair here and I thought I had seen every combination of fried foods.....Not! That actually looks pretty darned good.
I wondered if the bacon got cooked though cause it doesnt take long for that beer batter to brown up.

Sorry! I blame this on Sway and Guerry... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135090&highlight=pickles :becky:

I love beer battered dill pickles and had to try them wrapped in bacon.

0bde9e0a.jpg

I rolled them in flour and then dipped them in beer batter before frying..

177de92d.jpg

008da550.jpg

2c7c3768.jpg

34605944.jpg

6607404d.jpg

lol I liked em. :oops: :becky:

Thanks for looking!

OMFG Batgirl...I mean Cowgirl...I mean Jeanius!!!

FARKIN FANTASTIC!!!:clap2::thumb:

Thank you for the kind comments everyone. I thought this group would understand my thought process. lol :mrgreen:

Was the bacon crispy?

Prosit!
Doug-E-Q

Doug it was crispy. The whole thing was very crisp. Not sure how to describe it but I liked it!

I really like this. Wonder how it would work with Gore's batter for KFC?

I haven't tried Gore's batter but if he made it I bet it's great!! Thanks!
Very nice! :clap2:

If you have lost your mind, nobody here is going to be able to tell - we're right there with ya! :twitch: :hungry:
lol Greg Thanks!! :becky:

Geez! We just had the county fair here and I thought I had seen every combination of fried foods.....Not! That actually looks pretty darned good.
I wondered if the bacon got cooked though cause it doesnt take long for that beer batter to brown up.
Thanks Marty! I used thin bacon, it was cooked alrighty. :becky:

Thanks again friends! :-D

Pre cooked bacon!!!_ oh on gores kfc its kettle done not deep fried. Wife is the deep fry police .;)

Very nice indeed!! Gotta luv this site just for the recipes like this!

Fried pickles have always been a fav for the wife and me. Now, you have taken these to a new high!!

:clap2:

wallace

Well, I just do not know, I am sure they tasted good, and the shot in the fryer is incredible.

Hmmm. Never had a fried pickle. Sounds interesting though. I wonder what it'd be like with some onion in there too?

Thank you for the kind comments everyone!

Looks really tasty, what was the beer of choice while consuming them?

lol Tim thanks, don't tell anyone but it was coors light. :mrgreen:

Hmmm. Never had a fried pickle. Sounds interesting though. I wonder what it'd be like with some onion in there too?

Thanks Mike! I would love an onion fried with the pickle...now I need to try it again. :laugh::laugh:

OP July 15 oh dark thirty. You were just waiting for my third anni here weren't you?:becky:

OK, now that you've given the thumbs up on these, I'm SO there.

lol Guerry! :laugh::laugh:

When you do your batch, be sure to include some onions. :mrgreen:

Thanks!! :becky:

Back