• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Smoking Guns Hot vs Lotta Bull Red Dirt. Live brisket pron as it happens

bigbevo76

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Woke up about an hour before I normally do for work during the week this fine Sunday morn. Why? Brisket...that's why. I was out of my own rub creation so thought I would pit these two against each other.

I will be updating all day with more pron

6:30 in the am
467c5826-6979-2e49.jpg

467c5826-698c-391c.jpg

467c5826-6997-d3a8.jpg

Smoker going at daybreak
467c5826-69b6-5e17.jpg

Stay tunes

Last edited by a moderator:
I always like to get up early and start cooking , very peacful in the early morning hours

I put two butts on about a hour ago. Plowboys yard bird verses smokin guns hot. It is a beautiful morning. Will look forward to watching your brisket techniques. My camerea is not at home so pics from me. Maybe next time. In the meantime thank you for sharing. keith

The folks behind me are not too fond of my cooking..but they are jerks anyways. They are upset the previous resident, an 80 something widow, doesn't live here anymore. And we now have, gasp, things like New Years Eve parties. Got a real bitchy note about that one. The cops even came one time because we were speaking too loudly on our backporch at 10pm on a Saturday night. Everyone else gets some Q and gets invited to the parties so they love me.

Looks like a great day! Good challenge might take a bunch of samples to tell the winner!

Time to wrap!
467c5826-ab94-5079.jpg

467c5826-aba5-ed61.jpg

467c5826-abb2-a8bf.jpg

This is the larger, lotta bull rub brisket...why no pic of the hot guns rub? I put my phone on top of the firebox while I wrapped the lotta bull brisket. Whoops...still working though

Ok..so thing got hectic. People started showing up and it turned into a great party! Ok..so I waaaaaay overcooked the lotta bull brisket. My fault...kept it way too low in the chamber. Taste on this one was awesome so deff freezing for stock brisket meat.

The smoking guns brisket turned out great...working on finding pics of this one....

Back