• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I feel like Steve Raichlen

Louisiana Smoker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Having some friends over tonight for some Q and I am using three of my four smokers to cook with.

Assuming I put the 4 pound butt on at 10 and want it to rest for an hour and we are eating at 6, is that enough time?

SU1HMDAxOTYtMjAxMDEwMTAtMDkxOS5qcGc.jpg

That all depends on how hot you're cooking, what temperature. It's going to hit a plateau too. I say it is pushing it if it was me cooking how I cook. I like to allow more than one hour to rest. This gives me time to play with if I need it. Doesn't sound like you have time to mess around. You best get it on.

I'd say that you're more than fine with your time's. A 4 pound but should take no more than 6 hours. And if you cook at around *275, even less time than that, more like 4 to 5 hours then.

Tim

The UDS is at 230 and slowly climbing. I am shooting for cooking at 250. Them tossing the ribs on at 12 so they can be ready at 4. Does that sound right?

Last edited:
Can you say "SEE LAWN TRO" and roll the "L"??

Nice arsenal of pits!

Doh,:doh:

Sorry I was excited when typing. THe ribs went on at 12 and shooting to be ready at 4. Wrap and rest for an hour....

Having some friends over tonight for some Q and I am using three of my four smokers to cook with.

Assuming I put the 4 pound butt on at 10 and want it to rest for an hour and we are eating at 6, is that enough time?

SU1HMDAxOTYtMjAxMDEwMTAtMDkxOS5qcGc.jpg

Steve would cook on one and waste fuel on the others. I hate Steve because he has all the toys I want to be him.:redface:

Back