The Butt Slapper

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Made this last year so we could pull large amounts of butts quick and fast for catering. She works treat and get's the job done quick. It's all made of stainless ( as per my fetish with the stuff) and welded together. It slips in the cordless drill then just attack the pork with five or six short burst and it's job done. :cool:

2pqrllz.jpg

2ivu3c.jpg

24visky.jpg

vobckg.jpg

Just thought I would share.

I have been looking in the thrift stores for a small heavy pot lid to make the same. Need action photos!

I wouldn't go with too heavy lid but I would consider moving up to a 6" base there for gaining controll by letting it hit the sides rather than jerk about when contact is made. The heavy disc could cause you to make more mush than shredded meat and be a bit heavy on the arms plus adding more weight to your storage/travel crates.

I was meaning thicker. The fine bachelor pans i have left are almost like foil.

Gotcha

I took a hole saw to a sheet of scrap stainless I had laying around.

Gonna check my photo files for pictures or better still smoke a butt this weekend. :)

Don't you just love the sound a hole saw makes, nails on a chalkboard!

Hua??!!? What?? Hang on let me turn up my hearing aid.lol

Cool. I never cook more than a few butts at a time, so my bear claws are plenty quick enough, but I could see how that would do it in a real jiffy. Video would be cool, though.

Back