Boone Co. Fair-Belly Brothers Debut-OK, so it wasn't a sweep

Super Job guys. Besides the weather, you faced so pretty stiff competion.
Mike

As our first KCBS competition it was good to have Kick and KC there to help and add their knowledge that they have recieved off this board. Hence why I registered to see what I could pick up. The presentation portion was definitly new to us but alot of teams offered their advice to us on friday evening as we went around and talked to different veterans of the craft.
The weather was definitly a nemesis that we overcame.
Thanks to all for your support.

I am really proud of you guys! Awesome Job! I can't wait until the bash so I can get some of that championship BBQ!

Congratulations BellyBros!!

It's amazing what you guys accomplished on the First Time Out!!!

Congrats again.

At this point you need to learn to compete, your cooking skills are there or you would not have done as well as you did. Timing and being able to get 4 meats done takes practice, you are on the way!!
Let me know if I can help.

Kick & KC, thanks for letting me come by & bug you! You guys rock! Awesome job, especially with the weather - Ralph's shoes weren't dry until Sunday night! All the tips we learn here is what produces consistent Q and you guys showed that over the weekend.

Pictures are now posted in the photos section. I will continue to add captions and clean up duplicates over the next couple of days. Enjoy!

congratulations guys! You inspire us new Quers, gives us a goal to work towards

What kind of chicken is that? Looks like boobs or thighs.

Sorry it took me so long to post here - you guys did a great job. That is a stellar first comp!!

I want to add also that if it had not been for the whole team jumping in and pulling it would have been just another BBQ, but we win as a team and we loose as a team, or do you really lose if you are there and smoking, you still win...Oh well, we win both ways.

BellyBrotherII said:
I want to add also that if it had not been for the whole team jumping in and pulling it would have been just another BBQ, but we win as a team and we loose as a team, or do you really lose if you are there and smoking, you still win...Oh well, we win both ways.

Well, WELCOME Belly Brother D.!! You are right, we win as a team and we loose as a team. Freindship is what started this team, and will continue to be the driving force behind it. We happened to get 6 judges that liked what we did. Going up against Smokin' Guns, Mizzou Crew, Three Little Pigs, and 4 Men and a Pig was an honor in itself. These folks are all American Royal winners. We went in it to have fun, and we did. We learned alot. We'll give it our best shot again sometime, hopefully soon. This is only the beginning!

It will be so sweet when the day comes to get called in the top 10 in all four catagories. I'm up for it, how about you? ;)

Back