This weekend's projected cook - 1st brisket

Wow! I'm coming over to both your houses!:cool:
The invitation is always open.:biggrin:

Question: I was planning on taking the brisket out tonight, rinsing, patting dry and then applying some rub and then foil for the fridge. Curious if there is any reason NOT to do this?

Skip the foil and wrap in plastic. Otherwise, it's a perfect plan!:cool:

Wow! Nice humidors Guerry,& Arlin! I'm envious!
Guerry, looks like you got a lot of support to help if you need it. I'm sure that brisky will turn out just fine! As for the cats...I think there going to be S.O.L. !

Wow! Nice humidors Guerry,& Arlin! I'm envious!
Guerry, looks like you got a lot of support to help if you need it. I'm sure that brisky will turn out just fine! As for the cats...I think there going to be S.O.L. !
Thanks Bro! The support from everyone here is one of the many reasons why I joined and stayed. So, OK then, I've still got dry food for the kitties.:wink:

Looksa like you'll be very busy this weekend, watching the temp and drinking beers.

Good luck. Can't wait to see how it comesz out!

Bill

Visit Costco as a non-member. Tell them you want to look around before joining and they will let you in. I've read here that Costco only sells flats (except in Texas). If that's true in your area you can then visit Sam's Club. They have USDA Choice Angus packers for $1.78 per lb in my area.

P9010024Small.jpg

$1.78/pound for 5 month old meat seems a bit pricey to me.:icon_sick :biggrin:

I belong to Costco because it's a lot closer than Sam's. Some things I really like:

1. The meat is much better than what I get locally.
2. Their fish is much fresher to the point that I will not eat fish from the local supermarkets anymore.
3. If you purchase the executive membership, which I believe is $100/year, they refund you 2% of your Costco purchases at the end of a year. If your refund does not come to $100 (your membership), then they will refund the difference. I'm embarrassed to say how much our annual refund is.
4. The American Express card they offer also gives 1%-3% cash back on all purchases everywhere.

For #3 above, the membership really is free. Also, they're refund if you're not happy with the membership. I've been to Sam's and it looked much the same to me, just slightly different things. I expect their policies also are much the same.

Have a great time cooking that Briskie Guerry, I'm sure it well turn out great

Ross

Back