Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo on the Egg

cbagby64

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
With all of this snow I felt like a hearty soup/gumbo. I went to the deep freeze and found some andouille sausage and chicken thighs so I instantly thought gumbo! I thawed the sausage and chicken, then soaked the chicken in Kosmo's chicken soak. They went on the egg with a dusting of some random louisiana rub I bought last year. While the meat was cooking I made the roux, which is a pain in the arse, but worth it. After the meat was done I pulled the chicken and sliced the sausage and added it to a cast iron pan along with celery, okra, onion, and chicken broth. Once this was to temp I stirred in the roux and let it cook at 200 for about 2 hours. I then transfered it to the stove and let it simmer for 3 hours on low. Also made some thick red beans and rice to go along with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2603.jpg
    IMG_2603.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2609.jpg
    IMG_2609.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 57
gotta make the roux bro, there is no other way to do it right!

Looks good

That looks greatand reminds me we haven't made that or red beans and rice in a while. thanks

Ohhhh...I knew I shouldn't open this after sitting down to lunch! Now I'm wishing I had some Gumbo! It's the okra that is really doing it.

That's what my wife is cooking now. Will be ready when i get home. Hot gumbo and cold beer is as good as it gets. :biggrin:

Back