BBQ Brethren "Vegetable" Throwdown

Ooooo, never thought it would be hard to top Parsley!

Okay, here goes. Asparagas wrapped in Proscuitto from Christmas dinner. I spritzed these with olive oil and roasted them in a basket with carrots. No pics of them on the grill but you can trust me. Right?

attachment.php

People actually eat vegetables? :twisted:

OK, now this might not be as involved as the "Parsley" dish but here it goes...:wink:
First you make a ratatouille = eggplant :shock:, peppers, onion, garlic. For those of you completely unfamiliar, those are vegetables :wink:. I also season with thyme, pepper and salt.

IMG_4552.jpg

Layer Filo dough with olive oil and Parmesan cheese. About 8 to 10 sheets. I was a bit busy, so I didn't make the Filo this time. :lol:

IMG_4585.jpg

Then I tucked the filo into a tart pan and added the ratatouille.

IMG_4592.jpg

I added a layer of cheese. You can use Provolone, but I used Manchego this time. Then a layer of tomatoes and zucchini.

IMG_4594.jpg

Then a final coat of olive oil and Parmesan and pepper.

IMG_4598.jpg

Then cooked on the Primo Oval with diffusers for 1hr. at 350*.

IMG_4627.jpg

It has to cool a bit to slice nicely and in the summer when I make it we often serve it at room temp. These days, room temperature is too darn cold, so we serve it warm.

IMG_4663.jpg

Use the last shot.

OK, now this might not be as involved as the "Parsley" dish but here it goes...:wink:
First you make a ratatouille = eggplant :shock:, peppers, onion, garlic. For those of you completely unfamiliar, those are vegetables :wink:. I also season with thyme, pepper and salt.

IMG_4552.jpg

Layer Filo dough with olive oil and Parmesan cheese. About 8 to 10 sheets. I was a bit busy, so I didn't make the Filo this time. :lol:

IMG_4585.jpg

Then I tucked the filo into a tart pan and added the ratatouille.

IMG_4592.jpg

I added a layer of cheese. You can use Provolone, but I used Manchego this time. Then a layer of tomatoes and zucchini.

IMG_4594.jpg

Then a final coat of olive oil and Parmesan and pepper.

IMG_4598.jpg

Then cooked on the Primo Oval with diffusers for 1hr. at 350*.

IMG_4627.jpg

It has to cool a bit to slice nicely and in the summer when I make it we often serve it at room temp. These days, room temperature is too darn cold, so we serve it warm.

IMG_4663.jpg

Use the last shot.

Oh yeah, baby!!! That's it right there. DAYYYUUUM, that looks good. I'd so hit that!

Wow! That Ratatouille Tart has got my vote so far! Fantastic! I would eat that up in a heartbeat!

ok, a bit embaresed that one of my first pics is about veggies.... but ok
whe had a friend over who is a vegetarian.....
P1060116.jpg

P1060118.jpg

P1060125.jpg

Wow! That Ratatouille Tart has got my vote so far! Fantastic! I would eat that up in a heartbeat!

If you threw in some vegetarian pepperoni and some cornfed sausage, that would be a nice pie!

seriously, looks great, but gores parsley is still high on my list.

The kids love large potatoes sliced about 1/4 inch thick (olive oil, salt and pepper) grilled once each side until done.
Dress'em how you want, sour cream, cheese, bacon etc.
Quick and easy.

BBQ Vegetables This is a tough one...

Used the Weber and my new Wok and did a Stir-Fry/Simmer

Picture363.jpg
Picture369.jpg

Picture388.jpg

And the Throw-down Shot

Picture389.jpg
WOW!! This is really what the what the challenge is all about.........veggies on the grill! This one really exemplifies it for me!! Nothing wrong with just veggies..........(closet vegetarian mod:sad:) Yes, I'd hit them!:eusa_clap

Back