Other pulled pork sandwiches

D

dgassaway

I always serve pulled pork on hamburger buns with choice of sauce and slaw and it is good but I'm looking for something different just to change things up a bit.

I heard someone say pulled pork with a slice of onion on white bread was good.

Looking for ideas, what do you suggest?

if I don't have a tangy vinegar sauce, I like dill pickles.

bread and butter pickles are good too for a change

I like to serve pulled pork piled high open-faced style on 2 slices of lightly buttered and grilled Texas toast, and maybe top them with a little coleslaw. Mmm...

Edit:
If you are vending, this may not be the easiest nor the most economical way, but it's really good.

I like it on light bread with just a little sauce and peppers. Jalapeno or some of the cayenes i canned this summer. mmmmmmmmm!:biggrin:

I buy real soft hoagy rolls and tuck pulled pork in so they can be eaten like hot dogs. Those work great too, make big sandwiches though compared to burger buns.

Sometimes I cook both pulled pork and pulled beef and serve a combo sandwich up on a hoagy roll, pork at one end and beef on the other. People like those!

seattlepitboss

Try ur pulled pork on Hawaiian rolls. Thats pretty darn good too. Or go cuban style on a crusty baguette with swiss cheese and pickles.

Wifey is from western Kentucky, where they use a press on a lot of their BBQ sandwiches made with bread slices (most notably "Starnes", in Paducah KY). One trick I do at home is to mimic this by buttering the outside of a BBQ sandwich, then use the bottom of another smaller pan to act as a "press" and really flatten the sandwich. It ends up like a grilled cheese sandwich, where you have two lightly browned pieces of bread on the outside, with warm pulled pork inside. It's yummy.

I second the pulled pork burritos. Sometimes I will use a lot of chile powder, cumin, corriander and red chile flake in my rub with the intent of using the pulled pork for burritos or tacos.

Add a couple slices of smoked sausage, sauerkraut, swiss cheese and mustard to your next pulled pork sammich. Add some carmelized onions if you like, and I do.

I went to a street festival this weekend and someone I never found wa serving shredded pork (I assume) on little flat breads. Eaten sort of like a taco. It reminded me of the Greek flat bread sandwiches I use to get from a street vendor, only he had lamb.

I take a serving of pulled pork, heat it up in a pan with some chopped onion and sauce. Served on toast with a slice of cheese and mayonnaise.
If you're close enough to Savannah, you can get Cptn. John Derst's Old Fashioned Bread. It's yellow, and fabulous when toasted.
Funyuns on the side.

GEDC0034.jpg

Thanks guys, these all sound good. I'll for sure have to try some of these soon. The carnitas and the BBq sandwich press may be the 1st I try.

I buy real soft hoagy rolls and tuck pulled pork in so they can be eaten like hot dogs. Those work great too, make big sandwiches though compared to burger buns.

Sometimes I cook both pulled pork and pulled beef and serve a combo sandwich up on a hoagy roll, pork at one end and beef on the other. People like those!

seattlepitboss

^^^^^^ What he said with cheese... Maybe even go with a Subway style and have a bunch of toppings and let the buyer choose. We were just there last night and Adambomb really like the southwest chipolte sauce.

Back