When is the "best" time to buy a grill?

Frog

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Im on the verge of buying a pellet grill after a lot of research and peoples input on this forum :).... i was Curious is there a "best" time to buy a grill? Im going to the Rib Cookoff in Reno aug 31st-Sept 2, i was thinking since Reno is home to GMG, they may have promotions that weekend? or would it be better for me to wait a month or 2 when it gets colder? will the prices drop? Ive never really bought a grill if i did it was just a regular charcoal grill during summer so i dont know when the best time to buy is.

I notice the best CL deals from mid spring to early fall, but this is a cold climate. You can probably find traegers or pelleg smokers on CL near you from time to time.

When you find one you want for a price you are willing to pay.OR NEW YEAR'S DAY!!!:wink:

When its on sale? :p

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2

They (Green Mountain) did have a big booth on the main drag in reno last year so it may be worth waiting till then and seeing if they have any deals...

That's easy. The best time to buy a grill is now. It's always now. Isn't that obvious? :tsk:

I called GMG this morning, i found out they will be at the Rib Cookoff in Reno this year promoting with a sale, so my next step is to take my truck to Reno for the cookoff instead of the car.. and if all goes to plan ill be driving home with a Daniel Boone :D

When you can afford it.

What He Said ..Also You brought up a good point on Comp/ show Sometimes Vendors have a piece or 2 of possible older inventory or newer and may not want to Lug it back home and may be willing to work out a better price ( i.e.cost) Maybe ,not always but if time is on your side Explore. my most recent couldnt get it but !best buy was a Lang 36 patio only used 4 times 500.00 so good deals come around.

If you buy at the show, you will at least save the cost of shipping. Sometimes a factory representative can throw in a few accessories or goodies to sweeten the deal.

Back