• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wild rice stuffed chicken breasts...

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A talented smoking friend named David sent his wild rice stuffing recipe for me to try. He used the stuffing in a turkey breast but I used chicken.

I soaked some of my dried morels...

4944fa3e-1.jpg

made the stuffing using minced onion, garlic, wild rice, morels, herbs and wine..

His recipe. http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2010/11/wild-rice-stuffed-chicken-breasts.html

6d4c2573-1.jpg

butterflied the breasts and topped with the wild rice mushroom stuffing..

01204994-1.jpg

smoked with hickory at 350 to crisp the bacon..

81b87720-1.jpg

d56f6683-1.jpg

The stuffed breasts, smashed tatoes with morel gravy and steamed asparagus. It was tasty!

d9ae98b6-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

You had me at the first picture with the morels. Then that rice...OH MY!:hungry: But then, to wrap it all up in chicken like that......and THEN to wrap it up in bacon like that????

Are you real? I swear to God, you are like the food equivalent of the seemingly unattainable beauties gracing the magazines. Sometimes I'm not sure they are real either.

Guerry thanks! :)

You had me at the first picture with the morels. Then that rice...OH MY!:hungry: But then, to wrap it all up in chicken like that......and THEN to wrap it up in bacon like that????

Are you real? I swear to God, you are like the food equivalent of the seemingly unattainable beauties gracing the magazines. Sometimes I'm not sure they are real either.

lol This is just my version of David's recipe... He's the one with the talent! :becky: Thanks Chris... :thumb:

Al Thank you!!

Very nice Jeanie, gotta bunch of wild rice, gonna have to copy your dish. Thank you for posting.:-D

Yep, I'll take a couple of those. Now I understand. I like morels because, they make me a fungi to be around. Guess the can make Fungals too! :laugh:

Looks great did you flatten the chicken breast?

Thank you Keverhart! I did flatten the breasts. I cut the thicker ones to butterfly them out, then used a meat mallet to make them fairly thin. They were kind of tricky to roll up.. but were worth it. :-D

Thank you Buster!

lol Tom.. Thanks!

Jeanie, did you hear that loud bang? That was my jaw hitting the floor. Thank you again. I can't believe everyone of your dishes gets better than the one before. Oh, its nice to see you sitting at the campfire again..:-D

Thank you Peppa, Devious, Aqua and Larrymac! I woulda shared with you. :-D

Jeanie, did you hear that loud bang? That was my jaw hitting the floor. Thank you again. I can't believe everyone of your dishes gets better than the one before. Oh, its nice to see you sitting at the campfire again..:-D
lol Babyboomer.. I heard it! Thanks friend.. it's good to be back. :-D

Back