New Competition team

amv81

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just registered with the KCBS and had to pick a team name for my first comp in Marietta Ohio. Here is what I came up with. Thanks to the people who have given me lots of good tips and I hope to meet many of you there.

Adam

Attachments

• PIG Floyd it.jpg
    PIG Floyd it.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 324
thats awesome, I'm still trying to come up with a name.

I didn't see where on the KCBS website to list your team name. I am a member

Awesome!
And remember:
"If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you
have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"

Very cool and good luck!

"Pig stain on your fat chin, What do you hope to find?"

FYI, there is a Pig Floyd team in Colorado. I don't know if team of the year points mean anything to you or not, but it may become complicated if your points are added to thier team or vice versa.

Great name and logo. Best of luck in your first competition. If you want a fun competition that is not too far from home, come over to ours in Franklin, Indiana. We have a great downtown event with a lot of great amenities. We cater a lot to newer teams to help make things compact, easy and accessible. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

http://www.thinbluebbq.us/smokeonthesquare

Welcome to the game Adam. I thought I knew all of the Marietta BBQ guys. Be looking forward to meeting you at BrickStreet if not before.
Ha.. Just noticed.. another fellow PID controller guy...nice

If you're already a member then send them an email and they will add your team name. At least that worked for me.

Been a while, but I think if you log in to their site, and click on BBQ Teams, and click the link in the upper left that says Edit Your Team it should give you the option to enter a new team. Not sure though

Edit: BTW I like your logo!

Last edited:
Very nice. Can't wait to hear the sax solo from "Shine on you Crazy Diamond" at 5:00 AM as I'm stoking a fire and guzzling coffee. :clap2:

Thanks Red Valley BBQ for the remembering the original PIG FLOYD COMPETITION BBQ TEAM.
Sure we be glad to take your points. Just kidding.But you may want to consider altering your name.
Have a good one.

This is Keith, with the original PIG FLOYD PROFESSIONAL BBQ TEAM.
While I do like the name you picked. We have had it for at least 15 years.
We don't venture to your neck of woods but the TOY points will be an issue.
I'm not sure how KCBS will address this.
But we have some great shirts to sell of anyone is interested.

Back