Any brothers going to the Royal this year?

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
We finally decided to do the Royal instead of The Best of the Best this year. We have started to make travel plans, a budget, line up sponsors, set up an RV rental and all that. I'm looking forward to a nice road trip with the boys. Who else is going?

This will be our first trip to the Royal after 7 years of comp BBQ.

Our first year after 5 years of Q, but I think the wait will be worth it. the sunday turn in is not my favorite thing as we got to be back home to work monday morning. So as it looks we will not stay for awards. At least that is the plan for now.

I know Team Q and Great Grills have qualified for the invitational, so they'll bothe be there.......I'm sure MoKan and the boys will be there as well.....I',m hoping that we can cook it, but it will probably take an invitation to be able to justify at work that I need the time off, same with my brothers.......

Not to cook, but trying to talk my wife into coming up to visit. I know Winemaster and some others might be planning to do the same.

My wife and I have signed up to judge, we did it last year and had a blast. Met alot of the Brethren had some awesome Q had some pretty bad Q as well but a great time none the less. I hope this sunday thing works out the way they want, cause like ScottD said, Monday is a work day.

We've all but decided to cook the invitational only and just walk the grounds the next day to see what we can see and have some fun.

Not going until I earn my invite...
I will be at the BotB though.

lunchmeat is going

Yes yes lunchmeat is making there
first trip to the Royal this year Oh Boy!!
Stop by for some Dam Dip.

Now that I am in the KC area I will probably go down for a while. Zilla let me know when everything is set I would like to buy you a beer and see how things are going.

Will do Stan. It will be good to see you again. :wink:

If we qualify this year we will be going. Last year, we qualified but already had paid for a trip to Jamaica the same week.

We will be there. If everything works out right, brother Thom Emery will be flying in from California to join us.

I usually go and help my sponsor hock grills in the main hall Thurs/Fri/Sat, but this year, I believe we are cooking... Not sure if I want to cook - the parties are much more fun when you dont have meat to prep/cook :eek:)

Pigs on the run will be there. we should plan a get together. I would love to met some of you guys
john

Were coming down on Thursday. Will be at the event on Saturday per Plowboys Recomendation. Should be a good time.

Definately need a party Friday night since the Open turn in's got moved to Sunday.

Pigs on the run will be there. we should plan a get together. I would love to met some of you guys
john

Our entry is in for our first every Royal. Please try to come by to see us and we'll do the same. Would love to meet you. Same to all Brethren.

We may need to get Brethren Name Tags for this one. Actually, that's not a bad idea.

Back