View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 02:46 PM   #65
drbbq
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chachahut View Post
My apologies, Ray. No attack was intended & I apologize for the misunderstanding. When I read your posts, it appeared to me you were advising against starting out with a small manageable business with low debt & overhead.

That's what I got when I read the following:

Of course, how one could not interpret the above to mean essentially one is completely clueless when it comes to the food service business if they choose to start small, keep the menu tight & focus on the low overhead of take out - especially when that person is actually running such a business - is beyond me.

Perhaps instead of a series of negative "NOPE DON'T DO IT" posts you could provide some real tangible constructive advice to the original poster in this thread. Share that 35 years of experience & knowledge to help him avoid the pitfalls. Encourage & help someone to start their own successful business - not smack'em down for trying. Way too often threads like this are dominated by negativity like yours. I say it's high time - especially in this economy - we actually try to HELP folks find some way to make a new business work.

I'll work up a post on the things I did to start my small, carry out only, limited menu, limited hours joint. I challenge the Dr. & any other business owner reading this to come up with some positive advice to help MariettaSmoker.

Any takers?
My problem is with the quotes around a spun version of what I said.

I don't have time to detail all of this. I'm telling the truth as I know it but once again everybody thinks I did something wrong and it will be different for them. I wish you all lots of luck.

I'll be looking for all the success stories to answer your challenge though.
drbbq is offline   Reply With Quote