Found the Jalapeno Jelly recipe

INmitch

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got a couple pm's for this from another thread. Two drawers later I found it.

2 large bell peppers
1 lb jalapenos
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 box Sure Jell
3 cups sugar

Core and seed bell peppers, cut off stems of jalapenos (leave the seeds in), then grind the chit out of them in a food processor. Then sqeeze out all the moisture using cheese cloth. The recipe says discard the pulp but I think it probably ought to go in some mac n cheese.:thumb:

In a large saucepan combine pepper juice, vinegar and Sure Jell. Bring it to a boil. Add sugar and boil hard for one minute. Pour in hot sterile jars and seal. Do not double.

This stuff rocks with cream cheese n crackers!

I make this , put it in jars with the Ball screw on lids, and into the freezer. Super easy.....

Hot biscuits, little smokies, and jalapeño jelly.....awesome. Makes a great glaze for meats.

what do or how do you use this stuff?

I enjoy on Ritz crackers with cream cheese, awesome stuff, try it..

Very close to our (my wife's) recipe. I use it to glaze ribs and pork chops:thumb:

Thanks, it is on my to do list on a slow winter day.

Looks like a lot of room to play with adjustments to the recipe as well.

It actually makes a pretty interesting peanut butter and jelly sandwich, especially if you add bacon. :shock:

It actually makes a pretty interesting peanut butter and jelly sandwich, especially if you add bacon. :shock:

I make this , put it in jars with the Ball screw on lids, and into the freezer. Super easy.....

Hot biscuits, little smokies, and jalapeño jelly.....awesome. Makes a great glaze for meats.
You put jars in the freezer and they dont explode?

:idea:

posting here to remember this thread.

thanks.

I enjoy on Ritz crackers with cream cheese, awesome stuff, try it..
It's even better with smoked cream cheese!!!
Every year I give a block of smoked cream cheese and a jar of pepper jelly together as Christmas gifts. It's always well received ( I think !!!):becky:

My wife's aunt makes pepper jelly. It's good stuff! Mix a little with cream cheese and put it on a Triscuit. Yum! :-D

Back