• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

**SPECIAL**: Discussion Thread -> "Special Rules Chimney Steak Clusterfark" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

There's no DQ or anything to fix. I'm just verifying that the fork shot is the one Jef wants to use since it the only one that qualifies per the special rules.
Well, if you don't pick that one, then you will have to DQ him.:becky:

Pretty tempting, if you ask me.:laugh:

Please accept this as my official entry into this Clusterfark! :clap2:

Special Rule #1 - "You must cook a steak (beef steak only, please)" - CHECK!

Special Rule #2 - "You must use lump charcoal as your fuel source" - CHECK!

Special Rule #3 - "You must use a chimney starter as your grill, with a cooking grate on top as your cooking surface" - CHECK!

Special Rule #4 - "Your entry photo must have a slice of your steak on a fork" - DOUBLE CHECK!

Help me decide which fork shot I should use, I think I'm leaning toward the second pic...

And while tenderness was not requirement, there was no lack of it here!

Oh yeah, Full cook thread is HERE

Last edited:
The way I start my charcoal.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xgUTWCdZUL0"]STOK Tower Charcoal Grill - YouTube[/ame]

OK, but can ou explain how you are going to use that chimney starter? That is the key, I think. I don't want to give you the green light until it seems certain you understand teh requirements enough to meet the intended rules. Don't want to set you up for a DQ.

I will leave the insert in and have the grate on top.

Which grate will the meat be cooked on, and what will cook that meat exactly?

I will put a weber grate directly above the charcoal,

Will the meat be cooked on that grate that is directly resting on top of the coals?

(Not trying to bust your balls, just trying to present an argument is all)

So, just to clarify, your coals will be lit in the chimney, a grate directly on top of the coals, and the meat cooked on that grate sitting directly on top of the coals?

I hope I've covered my arse enough!:heh:

If not...well...fark....why should I start covering my arse now?:wacko: I never have covered it before.:noidea:

Well, let me take it to the committee, who then will carve it onto stone tablets and submit before our overlords in the fires of the volcano. One of our group has already left on the ship to the island and will place this submission in the cone of the volcano. Once we get an answer back, usually in the form of a natural disaster, we will let you know what the volcano has decided.

Back