***SPECIAL***: Discussion Thread -> "Special Rules Chimney Steak Clusterfark" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Serious question. Does the entirety of the cook need to be done over the chimney? Or could I use it only to apply a finishing sear?

Well, the rule in question about the chimney says this...

Some Moosed up rule said:
You must use a chimney starter as your grill, with a cooking grate on top as your cooking surface.
To me, that seems like specifying the chimney as your grill, and as your cooking surface implies that you must cook it on the chimney and not something else.

This thing was Moosed before it was even posted.:tsk:

Oh, good. He didn't say anything about little ol' me...

Beef cake?
Creative-disguised-deserts10.jpg

Sometimes beefcake can be found behind the curtains. In Bigabyte's case, you have to look fast cuz it's only the briefest of moments.

Serious Question. What if you put the beef cake on the grate, then place the chimney directly OVER it?

I think they mean this...

beefcake.jpg

What else could it be on a BBQ forum?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Sorry, but that is not a steak. Also, you did not submit any proof that it was cooked on a grate on a chimney using lump charcoal.

You get a Dilly Bar. You can pair it with your Dilly Spear perhaps.

Serious Question. What if you put the beef cake on the grate, then place the chimney directly OVER it?
There are SO many things wrong with that.

1. It must be beef STEAK, not beef CAKE.:tsk:
2. The rule clearly says...
Moosey Moosey Moose said:
You must use a chimney starter as your grill, with a cooking grate on top as your cooking surface.

Now, I should point out the sort of loophole you farking infidiots would probably be farking foolish enough to fall for, that being if you put the BEEF STEAK under the chimney, then put a cooking grate on top of the chimney then you would be OK.

WRONG!!!:mad:

The Moose is wise to your schemes.:cop:

It also says the the cooking grate, which is on top of the chimney, must also be YOUR COOKING SURFACE!

You're welcome for alerting you of this ahead of time.

Now, since my foil is clearly on too tight, I will foolishly advise you of the obvious loophole to the non-existent loophole.

If one were to have an empty chimney on bottom, with a grate on top of that to cook the beef steak on, and then put a chimney of lit coals over that, then it would not only be cooked on a grate on top of a chimney, but would also be the cooking surface, and also be UNDER THE HEAT SOURCE!:shock:

You're welcome.:thumb:

Now then, back from this boring legalese and back to the nonsense.:becky:

So, since I have 3 chimneys, I could cook 2 steaks under the heat source...

Hold my beer and watch this!

There is no way the tower of 3 chimneys would tip over despite how it looks! I used my mini chimney as the base so I could cook 2 big ol' honkin' beef cakes! This is gonna be a hoo.....

OH FARK!!!! Somebody grab the water hose!!!!!!

There are SO many things wrong with that.

1. It must be beef STEAK, not beef CAKE.:tsk:
2. The rule clearly says...

Now, I should point out the sort of loophole you farking infidiots would probably be farking foolish enough to fall for, that being if you put the BEEF STEAK under the chimney, then put a cooking grate on top of the chimney then you would be OK.

WRONG!!!:mad:

The Moose is wise to your schemes.:cop:

It also says the the cooking grate, which is on top of the chimney, must also be YOUR COOKING SURFACE!

You're welcome for alerting you of this ahead of time.

Now, since my foil is clearly on too tight, I will foolishly advise you of the obvious loophole to the non-existent loophole.

If one were to have an empty chimney on bottom, with a grate on top of that to cook the beef steak on, and then put a chimney of lit coals over that, then it would not only be cooked on a grate on top of a chimney, but would also be the cooking surface, and also be UNDER THE HEAT SOURCE!:shock:

You're welcome.:thumb:

Now then, back from this boring legalese and back to the nonsense.:becky:

Too bad, cuz they cook way better with the chimney on top. I ain't farking up MY cake!

That's how I would do it a la Alton Brown, would yield a far better steak IMO.

Since Biggie plugged up all the nonexistent loopholes, who's to say we couldn't cook the beef cake on top of said grate sitting on top of said chimney until it hits an internal temp of 70 or so degrees (satisfying special rules). Then do a reverse sear below said chimney on top of said grate. :bow:

That's how I would do it a la Alton Brown, would yield a far better steak IMO.

Since Biggie plugged up all the nonexistent loopholes, who's to say we couldn't cook the beef cake on top of said grate sitting on top of said chimney until it hits an internal temp of 70 or so degrees (satisfying special rules). Then do a reverse sear below said chimney on top of said grate. :bow:
Sorry. But a 70 degree steak is not "Cooked":cop:

So, obviously we need a standard to base this on.

Who would know better than the food police?

I called the food police, and a steak is not considered cooked until it reaches an internal temperature of 5000 degrees.

I might allow the other mods to have a say on this one though.

I'm feeling gracious.

Back