• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Been cooking, just not posting it! Discada and Steaks Pron.

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Had my daughter's 5th B-Day party two weeks ago. Cooked up 3 batches of taco meats. Discada, Al Pastor, and some cubed beef. Also made a big batch of onions.
CarWrecketc009_zps8015e59c.jpg

CarWrecketc010_zps883bed7b.jpg

Pastor on the left and discada on the right. I bought these prepared at my favorite mom and pop meat shop, La Estrella! The pastor was first time for us.......it was incredible!
CarWrecketc011_zpsa54993c3.jpg

Comes prepped with onions and pineapple chunks with some heat to counter balance the flavors.
CarWrecketc012_zps1e0a935a.jpg

Folks stopped by on Sunday. This Southwest Texas weather is killing me. What's a guy to do when it's 65 degrees out? Well, cook the side of beef that dad brought over!
CarWrecketc012_zps488433e1.jpg

Some Porter's, Ribbies, and a monster thick Sirloin.
CarWrecketc015_zps68f6e6a0.jpg

Building a nice warm bed for those steaks to quickly nap on. Pecan and Skeet wood.
CarWrecketc016_zps9afbb1c6.jpg

Nice, cozy, warm coal mattress!:twisted:
CarWrecketc018_zps06923546.jpg

CarWrecketc019_zps9527ac19.jpg

No fork shots, we got down to bizzness once they can off the grill!:thumb:
CarWrecketc020_zps92caccf2.jpg

Every bit of that looks great!!! Boy am I glad I am cooking today cause I dont think chinese would do it tonight!!! Well... Maybe... But let's not test the waters!!! Still looks good though...

Mr. Brisket,

Where might I find a cook surface like that? I'd like to get my hands on one of those. What is it called, if ya don't mind me asking....

Chris

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mr. Brisket,

Where might I find a cook surface like that? I'd like to get my hands on one of those. What is it called, if ya don't mind me asking....

Chris

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I call it GriddleZilla! It was my welding project for this summer. I do know that Academy Sports sells version. Pitmaster T has one of those.
http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_478901_-1__?Ntt=griddle&Ntk=All

I already had the camp stove, so I just built my griddle to the specs of the camp stove. You can make a mess of food on that thing.

Those steaks look done to perfection. Your son is right, Bob. You are a good cooker! :wink:

Back