• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Old toys / New Toys

Throw away that sharpening steel and get a ceramic one. It will really help the longevity of your knives.

Very nice set of knives!!!!Let us Know how they work out at your next comp.

Old toys...

IMG00032-20100201-1826.jpg

New Toys.

IMG00030-20100131-2021.jpg

IMG00031-20100131-2022.jpg

Gunther Wilheim 12 piece set, plus a 14 inch carver. Went for a new carver for the trailer, but couldnt resist the set. Got all for $300 bucks, seen the set for over $400.

Like them better than my Henkles, but then again, they need a good professional sharpening. But these knives feel really great in the hands. The triple tang handle design blows away the henkles.

How are you liking these knives after a few years?
I got the slicer at Costco today

Moral of the story, pony up and pay for the good stuff from the get go. :thumb:

They are my go to set.. think they are great. The only thing i can offer is do NOT put them in the dishwasher, or leave them in the sink getting soaked. The wooden handles dont like the water.

i learned something else too... the cleaver is like a razor. It was laying on the countertop and my finger bumped into.. hardly touched it, dint feel anything, but saw it move.. 10 seconds later, blood comes flowing out of the side of my hand making a mess...

sharp stuff.. i use a ceramic stone, or a chef choice 130 pro to sharpen them.

Get 'em sharpened, if you don't know how, and keep them outta that "old drawer!" Learn to sharpen. Will serve you well for ages, assuming U get "ages," yourself, or pass them on! A good forged 440SS with "handy" grips are hard to beat. Getcha a couple of Kyocera ceramic blades & compare them to the SS (well, for sharpness & retaining it, not for "living in the old drawer or prying bad cooking from bones). Got them both & love them all.

Glad you found some great go-to knives that are doing the job for you, Phil. Very handsome looking set. I just got the Henckels, myself, recently. Baby steps. :wink:

Been using the Henkel 5 stars since they came out, myself, and the y are dandy, given the right wet sharpning, which ain't easy, sometimes. Agree these bad boys look nice as can be! Phil - might want to get ya a good diamond wheel auto sharpener & stone to wet-finish yer boys.

Been using the Henkel 5 stars since they came out, myself, and the y are dandy, given the right wet sharpning, which ain't easy, sometimes. Agree these bad boys look nice as can be! Phil - might want to get ya a good diamond wheel auto sharpener & stone to wet-finish yer boys.

thats what the chefs choice 130 is.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8HtsGy4tmU"]Chef's Choice Model 130 Knife Sharpening Station - YouTube[/ame]

Back