Old 05-30-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
DC-Q
Full Fledged Farker

I ended up putting them on the drum seasoned with a rub of

(2) parts kosher salt
(one) part fresh cracked pepper
(one) part granulated onion
(one) part granulated garlic.

Right on the grate @ 275 then I came on here & see Cliff says they'll get dried out. I didn't think they would dry out with the amount of fat in them but didn't want to take a chance since they were for a party. I left them on the grate for 2½ hours then placed them in a tin pan with a little bit of beef stock & red wine for 1½ hours. When I took the pan off the drum I opened it up & drizzled them very lightly with SBR sweet & spicy then covered & let set for another 2 hours while I smoked a sasuage that I rescued from my freezer on the same drum also @ 275. When we got to the party we thru the sausage on the grill for 15 min a side to brown it. The Short Rib's were all cut 2"L & we nibbled on them & the sausage as appetizers. The SR's had been sitting for at least 3 hrs & were absolutely awesome. I got alot of comments on both the sausage and the SR's. I have a couple pics on my phone but haven't looked to see how good they came out. I'll try to post them.

Thanx for the help.

Last edited by DC-Q; 05-30-2011 at 10:09 AM..
DC-Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->