FEC 100 and a 100 lb pig

W

Woodreaux BBQ

Brethren,
Can this be done and how?
Debating on using the FEC bc of its consistency. Not sure it will work. I have read others have done suckling pigs less than 30 lbs but not a pig this size.
thanks in advance

Candy Weaver of BBQr's Delight cooked one on her FEC. don't know how big but she angled it upside down from top left corner to bottom right corner useing some type of rod and wire supports.

i looked on the cookshack forum and also Candy's site n i couldnt find it

Ok I think I've just fallen in love.. That is freaking sweet.. Guess i"ll get a early birthday present!

Yep you cant beat the skin, real juicy meat and how fast it cooks. For those that want smoke they make a smoke pistol for it. I have also filled it with pork butts and they came great too. Been making plans for some time to do a whole lamb in it. here is me and the world famous SmokeInDaEye cooking on it at one of my block parties

Last edited:
Yep you cant beat the skin, real juicy meat and how fast it cooks. For those that want smoke they make a smoke pistol for it. I have also filled it with pork butts and they came great too. Been making plans for some time to do a whole lamb in it. here is me and the world famous SmokeInDaEye cooking on it at one of my block parties

That's a heck of a block party! There's just one thing missin, SMILE:becky:

I've read that the one downside to a La Caja China is it's not efficient at all and that you'll blow through charcoal QUICK. Any truth to that?

I've read that the one downside to a La Caja China is it's not efficient at all and that you'll blow through charcoal QUICK. Any truth to that?

You're talking about (depending on where you are located) a 100# pig that will cost in the $150-$250 range. Is an extra bag or two of $7 charcoal going to kill you? :crazy:

Back