Beets ravioli filled with potatoes and sausages

Serial344

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello Guys,
This is beets ravioli filled with potatoes and sausages served with butter and sage leaf sauce.
OK, This is a particular kind of pasta called "Ravioli". Does anybody know?
I made (My wife made) a simple pasta dough using flour, eggs, a pinch of salt and 1/3 of blended beet.
Here we are:

Beet_Ravioli_1.jpg

For the filling we used Italian sausage, boiled potatoes some nutmeg and black pepper:

Beet_Ravioli_2.jpg

First of all, mix together sausage, potatoes and spices to obtain a coarse mix:

Beet_Ravioli_3.jpg

Now let to rest in the fridge while preparing ravioli.
We stretch a piece of dough to obtain a thick layer:
In italy is very easy to find a devices that help on making pasta.
Using this device we can make a very thin continuos layer of dough (Lasagna style). Use flour to prevent sticking over worktable. When you boil ravioli, flour lapse on the pot:

Beet_Ravioli_5.jpg

Beet_Ravioli_6.jpg

Pick the filling and put a tablespoon of it over the pasta stripes....forming a lot of little heap...

Beet_Ravioli_8.jpg

...then cover with another pasta stripe

Beet_Ravioli_9.jpg

Make sure that there's no air inside the "sandwich" then press to comply then cut ravioli with a knife or with this sort of tool:

Beet_Ravioli_10.jpg

Beet_Ravioli_11.jpg

Beet_Ravioli_12.jpg

Now we can cook ravioli(s).
Set up pot, water and salt as I advised you then toss ravioli and cook for about 5 minutes.(Fresh pasta cook very quickly)

Beet_Ravioli_13.jpg

While ravioli are cooking put some butter and some sage leaf on a pan an let to cook until ravioli have done.

Beet_Ravioli_14.jpg

Put the ravioli inside the pan and mix using caution.

Beet_Ravioli_15.jpg

At this time you can add some "Asiago" cheese(I believe you can use any not-so-hard-and-not-so-strong cheese).

Beet_Ravioli_16.jpg

Mix for another minutes then eat immediatly!

Beet_Ravioli_Final.jpg

I'm not a chef and maybe the dish presentation is not like in a restaurant but this is doubtless italian style!
What do you think about it?
See you next

Oh my God !!!!:eek: What are you trying to do to us ?......thanks alot,:icon_sleepy I'm currently eating my computer keyboard.....YES I KNOW WHAT RAVIOLI' ARE !!!!
THey Are delicious and now I'm Very hungry for some !!!!! :biggrin:

Seriously those look great...I ussually don't take the time to make my own pasta.....I need to get me a pasta maker and "roll my own". That sausage looksa incredible....my grandfather (who was from Italy) used to get some from his brother that was AWESOME....I wish I could still get some of that....mmmmm mmmm mmmm

Pasta

If I had an Italian restraunt thats exacatly the way I would want it presented:-D are you sure your not classicly trained......uhmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................
Smoked beef brisket ravioli maybe.......................
126F3A11.gif

Bellissimo. I love making ravioli, but haven't in some time. Pesto ravioli with squash or pumpkin filling is my favorite. I love the little cutter wheel that you have. I need me one of those.

Grazie!

Good job! The ravioli looks great.

Potato and sausage stuffed pasta -- just what this diabetic needs to see!! The "skinny" guys inside me is saying "Feed me!".

Another great looking pasta dish.

How about telling the list how you make Pasta alla Puttanesca
and the story behind the dish.
I think the guys will get a kick out of the dish and the story.

Thanks again for the great pics.

Pasta

bbqjoe said:
126F3A11.gif
Joe if you used every good idea on this site your menu would look like the NYC phone book:-D

bbqjoe said:
126F3A11.gif

Hot Ravioli sounds worthy to me! Fattie stuffed hot ravioli = Italian Tamales.

between the bread thread of curts and this thread I need to start making my own stuff thanks for the insperation

Serial344 do you cook the sausage before stuffing the ravioli, or does it cook in the water?

Awesome looking dish! Did you cook the beets before you blended them?

These post need a warning for the guys trying to lose weight. I am sure this does not help.

Great Eats Frankie!!!!

Unbelievable! I should try making my own ravioli some day. It would be funny to see how bad it looks next to yours!:biggrin:

hrchdog said:
Serial344 do you cook the sausage before stuffing the ravioli, or does it cook in the water?
No, sausages are raw. They cook when you boil ravioli in water.

Bigmista said:
Awesome looking dish! Did you cook the beets before you blended them?
Yes, they are parboiled then blended.

Thanks again guys.
Another dish in the next couple of days
Ciao

Ravioli

Guys, I make my own homemade pastas weekly, Ravioli, Fettucini,Etc.
If you own a Kitchen Aide Mixer they sell a pasta maker attachment that has 2 adjustable stainless steel rollers that you control thickness of the dough with..the sheets of pasta can come out so thin you can see thru it..then they sell the cutter attachments that you feed the sheets into and it cuts the dough into whatever style pasta you want....I like my pasta not too thin..I use the 3 1/2 setting..the best part of homemade pasta, aside from the taste, is that it cooks in about 2 minutes!!!..Al Dente!!!!!...Homemade Ravioli with a glass of homemade Red wine and you're in heaven!!!!! Bon Appitite!!!..Wi-Doe

Back