Sunday Morning Turkey Legs & fatties ++PRON++

Smoke & Beers

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Let the legs soak over night in the brine and got them rubbed up and on the UDS this am.

And the Fatties...

I'll try to post some results...if there's time:grin:

One question...anyone ever smoke fatties over turkey drums and if so, does the drippings from the fatties affect the drums any?

Looking good - and I agree - cook to temp and the fatty drippings shouldn't hurt anything!

Looks good at the start. Not sure what negative effect the fatties dripping on the turkey legs could possibly have.

Lookin good S & B. Let those fatties drip their love on those legs. They will be great when they're done!

Those turkey legs look great, I would imagine the fattie drippings will not do them any harm.

Love turkey legs. Something about walking through a county fair eating a turkey leg. Never tried them on my own but Im sure before this year is out I'll be on it.

Ok...heres the end result...

Shared some with the neighbors since they've had to put up with all the aroma from my UDS for the last 4 weekends...they were very happy!

As for the fatties...well, they didn't last long, but I was able to snap this before they disappeared.

I did jalapeno and cream cheese with some butt rub in one (my new favorite) and green chili peppers and colby jack in the other...with a touch of butt rub too.

Looks awsome! Nothing like a little pork fat marinating the turkey legs! Sort-of like bacon...and we've seen what folks think of bacon!

Back