• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Any cookoffs in the houston area coming up?

bjgamez

Reaction score
Just trying to find out if there are any cookoffs in the houston area coming up, and also if any needs any help. Please let me know. Thanks!

Not exactly Houston, but the watermelon festival is comin up in hempstead. Lots of good teams there, would love to crack some beers with a fellow brethren. Its just my wife and I, but your more than welcome to come hang and talk BBQ.
Plan on puttin a whoopin on don Canterbury in brisket.

That sounds great! Only thing is my fiancé is out of town that weekend, and I will be in charge of my 8 month old(well 9 month by then) for the first time alone that weekend...Yikes! So I may not be able to make it?

J$ I hear you use a pitmaker with a ball valve...how's that working for you?

J$ I hear you use a pitmaker with a ball valve...how's that working for you?
like a dream. 300 all day long deat nut on the money. abslolutely zero runaway temps since i have owned it. i love the ball valve design and advise anyone thats not just kickin tires to get that option.
Typic charcoal usage from 6am to 4pm at a comp. usually start with about 12 lbs get it goin good around 350, add my meats, 2 wood chunks and it chugs at 300 all day.
A9EA95BC-87B6-43AA-BE94-BC448168A38C-1573-000002A2AEC99423.jpg

There's a rib cook off in New Caney on July 13th. BB's, spares and beef ribs. There's one other catagory that I can't remember though. $25 per entry with a 75% payout, non sanctioned. Rib cook offs are pretty fun, and don't require as much work as a regular event.

Back