Your Favorite Side?

Meat Burner

Quintessential Chatty Farker
This forum is so full of outstanding appetizers and sides that I wanted to ask about what you like best. No wrong responses here. If you post your favorite, it would be nice to post the recipe if you are so inclined. We do share here in case you haven't noticed. Love this place.
edit - may need to post this in the morning...it's pretty late now.

With what dish? Pulled pork? Beef? Chicken? Fatties?

Pork - Icebox slaw
Beef - Baked or ranch beans
Chicken - Corn on the cob
Fatties - Whatever or nothing at all!

I think my favorite side would be onion rings..mmmm...I could go for some right now. No recipes to share unfortunately

Big Mistas pineapple slaw
or
use Marzetti's slaw dressing for sammies

With pork I like pinto beans. With chicken I like my wife's baked beans cooked for a long time with molasses and bacon. With steaks I like mashed potatoes or a baked potato. Ham needs mashed potatoes or potato salad and biscuits. Fried fish needs coleslaw. I just made myself hungry.

Ranch Style Beans and my version of mexican rice. I'm mexican but what do I know about mexican food?

1 cup long grain rice
2 cups water
2 tsp Knorr tomato chicken bouillon powder
1/2 tsp comino (cumin)
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
1/2 yellow onion
1/2 small can of tomato sauce
1 clove fresh garlic
1/4 sliced bell pepper

Brown rice in olive oil when almost nice and toasty add the onion, garlic and bell pepper and saute. Once veggies are slightly softened add water, tomato sauce, bouillon and cumin. Stir throughly and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 mins. Once done take off heat fluff the rice, cover and let sit another 5 mins. This stuff is awesome and I could eat this alone any day.

My cole slaw is served whenever I don’t know what else to do:

2 bags pre-shredded cabbage (shredded more in the food processor)
¾ c mayo
1/4 c sugar
¼ c cider vinegar
2 TBSP celery seed.
Enough milk to thin or make creamier.
Blend all ingredients and add to cabbage. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.

I do a Slaw with "Mandarin Orange" wedges cut in half,And Doctored Can Beans with maple syrup.

Does the side have to be a veggie i could just use a diferent meat as a side LOL. taters smokes on the grill.
Cut like a fat steak fry place in large bag cover in olive oil the add favorite seasoning i usually just add salt pepper garlic and crushed habaneros shake then grill!!

I like emeril's black eyed peas.
1 1/2 c. dried peas
1/4 c. bacon or good ham
1/2 c. chopped onion
4 c. chic. stock
his seasoning or your own
2 count evoo
add evoo to med. hot pot, add peas & cook a bit,add bacon and cook a bit more, add onions and seasoning til onions are clear(stir),add stock. bring to boil and reduce. simmer for 1 hr. stir every 15 min.

Back