First pork steaks

Neonnblack

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Figured i'd try pork steaks. I guess we used to have them all the time when we were kids, i never remember having it.

Lit up the weber kettle, and here are the steaks.
20130319_194050_zps24da8771.jpg

Interesting to cook them, they dont cook like chops (shoulda known). I cooked them at 325 ish indirect/direct and the middle of the thickest one was a tad undercooked, i ate it anyways. No blood, im cool with it. Very tasty piece of meat cooked like this, though.

20130319_201706_zps7943bebb.jpg

You cook them more like butts than a chop...because they are just a sliced portion off of a boston butt. Time is key, and tenderness.

That looks great,my wife loves them.

That is kind of a funny looking pork steak in that I mean the Y bone isnt prominent. Many butchers who arent familiar will cut the picnic and pass it off as a pork steak. I cook these regularly and always take 2-3 hours cooked low. They are my favorite and I use Maulls KC style sauce at the end.

You cook them more like butts than a chop...because they are just a sliced portion off of a boston butt. Time is key, and tenderness.

i always add onion, salt and pepepr, and a jar of gravy to mine and cook them in a dutch oven until they are fork tender. good eats.

I'll be honest, I didn't know what way to cut it, lol. So I just cut. It tastes the same.

I season them and then cook them direct on the grill. Then take 1/2 foil pan and add my favorite BBQ sauce and steaks and simmer them for about an hour. Tasty Tasty Tasty.

Back