.99 pork butt

Brian in So Cal

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Vons has Pork butt for .99. It is not in the add and it ends tonight.. The add has the .99 country style pork ribs but the butts are also marked .99. I asked the butcher and he sold me a couple of cryovacs.

i got some of the country style ribs and they were huge, made chile verde with the meat, wish i knew about the butts

pretty simple, i simmer the pork separately till somewhat tender, meanwhile, simmer about 12 jalapenos, 1 chopped onion, 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, till cooked, season with salt, pepper, and clove, (ground or 6 or so whole),add 6 to 8 tomatillos, simmer till they are soft, transfer to blender with slotted spoon, now add the washed tops to one bunch of cilantro, blend, add some cooking liquid as needed, drained cooked pork, add blended sauce, and more cooking liquid if needed, adjust seasoning, simmer till tender.

Those farkers. I'm not leaving the house right now to go get them.

Ends tonite? Dat sucks!

New Smart n' Final opens next to my house with a big sale. The one that was closing had everything in their refrigerated section 50% off. Didn't see any beef of any kind, but I did get two packs of chicken thighs for 5 bucks.

Just about any store that has country style strips or "ribs" will sell the whole cryovac at sale price. Why not it saves them labor and packaging. That is where i got the 4 butts I did this last weekend.

Brian, if the butt is .99 p/lb watch out for "enhanced" or "injected" stuff!

I bought one of the .99 / lb. Hormel Always Tender butts last week. We had to end up doing it in the crockpot instead because of no time to smoke it. It was OK if you like mush.

Back