• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

pit mods.

C

codstar

What's up brethren?
I just bought a brinkmann smoke n pit at home depot for $180. Just can't throw down for a high dollar Lang, or Klose model right this sec, but I want to do some immediate mods and was looking for suggestions from anybody on how to tighten this this up a bit? Been Q'n for years on my weber kettle, and wanted to try an offset with a little more room for food!

search offset mods here on BBQ Brethren. For most folks getting into offsets- some of the first mods are tuning plates, bringing the exhaust down to the grate level and perhaps getting the fire off the metal by elevating on a grate- this will lead to a cleaner buring fire and your firebox lasting longer.

This is what I did.

I have one, keep out of the rain its very thin metal and will rust thru quickly. Havent done any mods to mine.. I just keep throwin wood in it.

What's up brethren?
I just bought a brinkmann smoke n pit at home depot for $180. Just can't throw down for a high dollar Lang, or Klose model right this sec, but I want to do some immediate mods and was looking for suggestions from anybody on how to tighten this this up a bit? Been Q'n for years on my weber kettle, and wanted to try an offset with a little more room for food!

It's a shame you are not closer, I just gave one away. I've had it for 15 years and it's still in great condition. I modded the firebox with an inner sleeve and ceramic briquettes to protect it from fire and oxidation, and it helped to control the clean out door leaks.

This also allowed me to fuel it with charcoal for longer burn times.

Back