First post, first comp

GreenDrake

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Just thought I would pop in here, a member sent me over this way from another forum. Wanted to share my first competition vid with you guys. We had such fun doing this. In ribs one judge gave us three 5's after the another judge gave us triple 10's. Got a ribbon for placing in Best in Show, which essentially means we were a lot of fun to hang out with. Anyway, I tossed this video together from the Smokin' the Coeur d'Alenes competition held this last weekend in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4BxQJMINuM

Nice to meet you guys, looking forward to more insight.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. Great video, looks like you all had a great time.

Nice video, thanks for sharing guys. We had a great time and really enjoyed meeting you guys. A little wet but we could not have had a better father's day weekend. Hope to see you all next month in Whitefish.

Brown Chicken, Brown Cow...bow-chicka-bow-wow!

David, you guys cleaned house, that was awesome. We are seriously considering coming up to Whitefish next month. It was our first run, just for fun and boy did we have fun, thanks in part to Laughing Dog dropping that keg of Devil Dog off saturday night.

We were feeling our ribs and brisket had the best shot at placing somewhere, then again, we have not taken a judging class and don't know what their expectations are. So much fun, we have people wanting to buy our Brown Chicken Brown Cow chef's coats.

This could evolve into quite the summer hobby, hope it doesn't cut into my fly fishing.

Back