• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cajun advice

If you're in the Shreveport/Bossier City area stop by Kroger and get some Blue Hawg BBQ Sauce. It is a Louisiana made BBQ Sauce. This is our grocery label of the Double D's BBQ Sauce we sell at trade shows and on the world wide webs.

Have your friend get you some File powder. If you like Gumbo File takes it to a whole different level.

Have your friend get you some File powder. If you like Gumbo File takes it to a whole different level.

Just get a sassafras tree and make your own file from the leaves. I do this every year(pain in the *** to make) but worth the results.

If you're in the Shreveport/Bossier City area stop by Kroger and get some Blue Hawg BBQ Sauce. It is a Louisiana made BBQ Sauce. This is our grocery label of the Double D's BBQ Sauce we sell at trade shows and on the world wide webs.

I made the mistake of opening one of the pickle jars at work and it was gone in a flash. Took the other 5 jars home. Gonna get the sauce on some ribs tomorrow. Glad to know my Shreveport connection works.

Yeah, Craig tried the sauce and bought seven jars and five jars of pickles! LOL!!!

I made the mistake of opening one of the pickle jars at work and it was gone in a flash. Took the other 5 jars home. Gonna get the sauce on some ribs tomorrow. Glad to know my Shreveport connection works.

Dat sounds good !

I guess we take the beans for granted. If you get white beans, try this:

Get 1.5 lb of head-on shrimp. Peel, reserving shells.
Use shells to make a shrimp stock.
Cook beans in shrimp stock with bay leaves, onions, and bell pepper.
Add one cap of liquid crab boil.
When beans are tender, add peeled shrimp and just cook them through.
Season with Tony Cachere's and serve over LA jasmine rice.

I wish I would have thought of dis!

All of the best boudin is west of Baton Rouge. Best Stop and Poche's are good. I haven't tried T-Boys, but Mowata is my favorite so far.

Poche's duck sausage is awesome and I dare you to try chaudin.

Next time I'm in Shreveport I will buy some. We gotta get you off the bottom shelf next to the nacho cheese:laugh:

Next time I'm in Shreveport I will buy some. We gotta get you off the bottom shelf next to the nacho cheese:laugh:

No joke. We were only being carried in the "local" section then sales got to a point where they put us on the regular bbq sauce isle. Granted it is the bottom shelf. But it is progress!!! :clap2:

Back