Hardwood Briquets and WSM

pigout sc

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Are Hardwood Briquets ok for WSM? I usually use Kingsford but have two bags of this to burn.

It is my belief that almost anything is better than Kingsford

Royal Oak Chef's Select are my go to briquettes. Order online at DoIt Best hardware and they ship to the store for free.

Use lump if you can get it.WAYYY less ash,better flava,it does burn hotter though,so keep an eye on temps.That is what the vents are for. :wink:

I've used them in my WSM but I prefer lump.

Natures Grilling 100% Hardwood natural. I will give them a shot, sounds like it could be better than what I have been using in the past.

Natures Grilling 100% Hardwood natural. I will give them a shot, sounds like it could be better than what I have been using in the past.

Not a brand that I have heard of, but the name 100% Hardwood Natural part sounds promising. Good luck with it.

Not a brand that I have heard of, but the name 100% Hardwood Natural part sounds promising. Good luck with it.

Was a cold day in the Carolina's. I started the smoker at 7:30 with the outside temp around freezing and put a 8 pound butt on at 8am. The Temps stayed at 260 plus the whole cook, foiled at 2:30pm and pulled at 4:15. I do not think the Temp outside ever got above 45 so all in all the type of coal worked out pretty well.

Back