View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piggys Going Postal View Post
While i never would have entered dessert before, now please tell me is it right , fair, honest, true that all top ten desserts got 180"s, are they handing them out like candy, or complete different set of rules
Those ancillary categories do not have judging rules. From my personal experiences judging contests with dessert categories, the majority of folks who make an entry have a sort of ringer, and turn in something way over the top that you weren't ever expecting, and it is always damn good.

Because of all this, it is not at all unusual to see all 9's for those over the top entries, which most of them are.

Also, understand that by over the top I don't mean Grandma's apple pie recipe cooked in a DO perfectly. I mean something like you would see on one of those cake shows on TV. You will feel honored just to see the entry, let alone eat it.

Personally, I felt the top ten got robbed by all having 180's. It meant a coin toss determined the difference between first and 10th place. That's nuts. But...they chose to enter a category that is not KCBS standard and with no clear defined judging rules. So they should expect nothing more, in my opinion.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->