Post Oak recommendations?

patriotn11

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
GENO
Hello all,
I’m running low on my Post Oak, any one know any good places to get 1/2 cord seasoned PO in or around San Antonio!
Thanks

Any recommendation on how someone way up here in Wisconsin can get their hands on some post oak?

I didn't do all that much other than search your local craigslist for 'firewood'. Cant tell you how many times I've pointed people that way...

Try your Facebook Marketplace too....I see firewood out there all the time too..

I sent the guy a text saying I was interested in chunks. He read it. No response.

Any recommendation on how someone way up here in Wisconsin can get their hands on some post oak?

Don't get hung up on post oak. Folks selling white oak it is basically the same and probably costs a lot less.

My wood guy has a horticultural degree and says the difference is splitting hairs.

Don't get hung up on post oak. Folks selling white oak it is basically the same and probably costs a lot less.

My wood guy has a horticultural degree and says the difference is splitting hairs.

I like the sound of that, thanks, whats your fav go too for briskets!

wood splits/sawzall/a few minutes = chunks

Larry

I have several different tools for cutting it, what I don't really have is something to hold a split so I can *safely* cut it. Can't really justify a vise if that's all I would use it for, but thinking about it.

I can't tell the difference in Post Oak, White Oak, Live Oak, Red Oak, some other Oak, some other Oak, some other Oak............can't tell much difference in any Oak vs Pecan.

^^^ I'm with you...maybe I just have a primative palette but I think the only way I'd be able to tell an appreciable difference between oak or pecan or hickory would be to prepare 3 same meats the exact same way across 3 different cooks with 3 different woods then sampling them side by side. And even then I might have run the fire 3 different ways despite my best intentions skewing the results. Hard wood, clean fire, full belly, no worries.

Back