Need Help with Christmas List????

Mr Baloo

Got Wood.
Hi all, I have been lurking here since the spring when I got my Combo Joe... like most have said, why bother with the gasser when you have the egg.. well, don't know, but my gasser doesn't get much use other than a place to lay my grill when I am loading up.

I have the larger Combo Joe... and other than a Cover, what would be some things to put on my wish list for my wife and kids....

Thanks in advance and thanks for the posts, humor, and sharing on this board.. I have learned a lot.

Baloo

To tell you the truth, I don't have a whole lot. I use two good metal spatulas the most, along with some Oxo tongs --without the silicone. Also, some high-heat gloves, but some cheap leather gloves from Home Depot also work well. A weed burner is nice to get things going. I have a fairly cheap "instant" thermometer -- you'll see other recommendations on other thermometers, especially different colors. Everything is between $2-$20. I have a Maverick remote therm that is a pos that I would love to replace.

Probably my only "luxury" item is this grill tray from W&S. I use it for veggies, nachos and even prime rib.

img19o.jpg

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/grill-tray/?pkey=coutdoor-top-10-gifts&

Gore hit on a few things I already like a wireless thermometer if you're smoking for long periods of time, a thermapen is cool gift too (you'll get your moneys worth out of it). What about knives, new sauces/rubs/spices, books (Love Lilly's). Like Gore I pretty much have everything I need so the only thing I'm asking for is a nice quality blue tooth speaker to have while I'm outside. Good luck, tell us what you come up with while I still have time to add to mine =D

Back