California BBQ Team makes KCBS History

NotleyQue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
It is now official.

Harry Soo from Daimond Bar California, Pitmaster from Slap Yo Daddy BBQ Team is the first team in recorded KCBS history to win a grand slam (1st in all 4 meats) and take the grand championship.

Slap Yo Daddy is in their 2nd year of competition BBQ and already has a very impressive history, including taking RGC at the Great American BBQ earlier this year.

Congrats to Harry Soo and Marc from Slap Yo Daddy BBQ. A great accomplishment deserving to a great bbq team.

Gary you should convince Harry to join the Brethren, so we can learn their secrets! ;-) That is awesome!

kind of amazing to think that is the first time it has been done. Any idea on how long they have been keeping that record?

Its one hell of a feat that's for sure, far to rare an event to be called a grand slam, more like to hitting for the cycle!

nice job!

this yr. bubba hes given a class next month or some time after i cant remember

Damn... I was planning on winning all four categories and taking grand this weekend so that I would be the first.... Now... What's the point? Nobody ever remembers the 2nd guy to do something. :mad:

Damn... I was planning on winning all four categories and taking grand this weekend so that I would be the first.... Now... What's the point? Nobody ever remembers the 2nd guy to do something. :mad:

If you do, I will make you your own pot of coffee.... :biggrin:

Back