I need some Markting help,Tips and Advice

We just a a call for another gig in August 7th its for 75 people BUT here is the catch she wants like 3-5 hot lunch samples so my question is "to charge or not to charge" for the samples

Here is her Menu
3meats
Baby backs, Tri-tips, Chicken thighs(boneless)
sides
potato salad
chille beans
garlic bread
fruit try

HEy! thanks man i feel good about it and i will do that and send a post card ...i might just have some made up
and thank you

Im not a caterer but am the Director of Sales & Marketing for a medium sized company (I also stayed at Holiday Inn last night). ALWAYS follow up with a phone call and get feedback from your client. You will learn a lot from what they tell you. Also, I would suggest ALWAYS asking potential clients who contact you where they heard about you. This will give you an idea of which of your marketing strategies are working.

I'm coming in late on this one but you might try to do some charity events. Having your name associated with a charity when they do a press release is never a bad thing. Also, have you considered doing competition BBQ? Do comps where they have People's Choice and you get to sell samples to the public. I just got a call yesterday from a couple who tasted our food at Stagecoach and want us to do a party for them.

Just a suggestion...

The most honest feedback that you will get from an event is also the simplest. When everyone is done eating take a casual walk by the trash cans and look inside. If you have a problem with a side dish it will show up. Most people when asked for feedback will give you great feedback, politeness over rides honesty. I feel that asking "How was the food?" shows that the cooks are reaching for praise or are unsure of themselves. The trash can never lies. I have been told thousands of times "That is the best tri-tip that I ever had---of course it is the best---you just ate it and it is the freshest in your memory. Politeness causes people to praise good food to your face, but tell everyone else about food they didn't like. A quick glance in the trash can will give you a quick reality check on any problems----then the problems can be corrected before next event.

Yeah we are doing our first Competition in August the"West Cost Championships" in Fair field,Ca.... the only thing that's holding us back a little is that we don't have a competition cooker to feed the masses... we are in the market to get one

The most honest feedback that you will get from an event is also the simplest. When everyone is done eating take a casual walk by the trash cans and look inside. If you have a problem with a side dish it will show up. Most people when asked for feedback will give you great feedback, politeness over rides honesty. I feel that asking "How was the food?" shows that the cooks are reaching for praise or are unsure of themselves. The trash can never lies. I have been told thousands of times "That is the best tri-tip that I ever had---of course it is the best---you just ate it and it is the freshest in your memory. Politeness causes people to praise good food to your face, but tell everyone else about food they didn't like. A quick glance in the trash can will give you a quick reality check on any problems----then the problems can be corrected before next event.

i would of walked by the trash can but we just set up the line and left
plus she lived 1hr away from me

Back