Soiree Drum Pron

N8man

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Smoking some ribs for a Potluck later in the evening with friends I grew up with. Going to make lasting impressions for sure...
Finished my DrumBuggy, old and need better way to move Drumpit about.
DrumBuggy.jpg The EverWatchfulRamWatchfulRam.jpg
Airflow checkedDampered.jpg
I read here about holes for temp probes and plugs.
Me, I bought a bag of corks for a buck and drilled it out for probe.
Corked.jpg
Had to make sure Drumpit was secured when I lift the front to move
SecuredDrum.jpg
MisterSpice says it's time to cook!!!
SpiceTime.jpg
DrumPit Rib Aplenty
Drumaplenty.jpg
Baby Back!!!
BabyBack.jpg
I was going to do some ABTs. The store only had 3 Jalapenos!!!
No Turds For Friends, How Sad!!!!
Just sampled BabyBack...mmmmmmm I might not go. Don't want to share with friends.
It is the best I have ever smoked.

Last edited:
Looking good - those are some lucky friends....

Congrats! Looks like a great cook to me!

I think we will all be fat and happy in a few hours...:-D

Nice lookin' pit...nicer lookin' grub! :p Those big uglies sure do produce some good "que.

Tastey Lookin Food! Nice vent adjustment device. Is that a refrigerator magnet? Cool!

Really digging the pit design you got going there. I need to build me one of these things, too bad I suck at that.

Really digging the pit design you got going there. I need to build me one of these things, too bad I suck at that.

You can do the same great Q that N8man is showing us and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to make a UDS. Just search the threads and build one. More than one way to make a UDS that works great. Just do it! You will be really happy!!!!!!!!!

I think I need an ornament on mine too, Any one got a Rolls Royce?

Ha ha ha ha hahaha!!!!!:p:p
Jeremiah...I've said this many times before... IF I CAN MAKE ONE, ANYONE CAN! seriously!! There are no weld versions that is pretty simple...I'm "mechnically disabled" Go For it!! Its well worth it!

Don't let anybody fool you, the Ornament is what makes it Cook So Well:wink:
Seriously, the Drumpit is as close to set and forget as it comes. It turns out
Consistant Superior Que. Tonight my friends were all taken to that special
place we like to call Barbecue Nirvana...Lots of lipsmackin' and fingerlickin'.:eusa_clap
Keale, did you see how red my ribs are?

Come on Nate, don't be shy, tell us ALL the awesome compliments you got!:p Great job! Ribs, and what else did you spoil them with?
Looks like you have some rain there!! THe grass is green!!

I also made some Lexington Dip Slaw to go with the ribs.
My friends enjoyed the ribs very much, as did I. No lie, and not bragging, they are the best I've ever had. My friends have threatened to casually drop by on Thanksgiving to see what's for dinner.....I told them come on by....and there were wives asking husbands," Why can't you cook like that?"

Man thats a baaadddd Muthaa Fuu.........."SHUT YO MOUTH"!

Hey I'm just talkin bout N8man's ribs.

(If you are old enough to know what I am talking about, send me a quick PM. J)

Man thats a baaadddd Muthaa Fuu.........."SHUT YO MOUTH"!

Hey I'm just talkin bout N8man's ribs.

(If you are old enough to know what I am talking about, send me a quick PM. J)

John Shaft! :cool:

ETA: Great lookin' vittles, N8man.....

N8man love your UDS. It is smoking cool and the food looks great:icon_bigsmil:icon_bigsmil

Thats it......I've got to build one of those....maybe with a motorized carriage and remote control:biggrin: Good lookin' grub too!:biggrin:

Thats it......I've got to build one of those....maybe with a motorized carriage and remote control:biggrin: Good lookin' grub too!:biggrin:
There's a good thread on here with lots of info for building these pits... no excuse for anyone who wants one not to build it...Just do it...You'll like it.
Easy Build, Good Que...:grin:

Back