View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
WombleNC
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Yet another UDS build!! But is mine any different?

OK OK I know that there are hundreds of UDS builds on here and I am sure that the more seasoned members are getting tired of them. BUT....... looking at the UDS threads and builds is what drew me into this brotherhood. Its where I got ideas and motivation to start this project and get involved in the world of smoking anything and everything. If this is how I started then I should at least do the same so others may pull from what I have done. I don't believe in spreading the wealth but I have no problem spreading knowledge.

I got some 1"x 1/4" flat and had it rolled into 26"OD rings but got them to not weld the ends together so I could trim to fit. A local shop did it at a cost of $10 a ring. I had to trim them to fit inside the drum then welded them solid. Next I tacked the expanded metal on top of each, trimmed the edges and ground down any nasty edges. Took some rebar and made my handles. I did all this while burning out my 85 gallon drum that I scored for $40. Any feedback or advice is much appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130820_213556 (1).jpg (78.8 KB, 1143 views)

Thanks from: --->