any tips for an Ugly drum & DigiQ DX2

krshome

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey all, My BBQ GURU DigiQ DX2 just arived in the mail today, YeeHa! I'm going to use it for overnight smokes in my Ugly Drum, and just for you purists it's just so I can eat and sleep. So before I use it for the first time any advice or tips from you guys that have already used this setup. I have read you have to close off the lid vents on some posts???? my drum is perrdy darn air tight when all the vents are closed. I'm usually a hot and fast guy but with this baby I'm going to try low and slow and still have dinner done on time:razz:

Trust the Guru its smarter then we are. Hook it up let it run, make sure your seals are tight so it can't draft from part unknown and sleep well.

On mine I use the Minion method to start the fire. I have found that I need to close my Weber top exhaust about 1/3 or 1/2 way closed. I also close the sliding "gate" on the fan down one marking. Works absolutely perfectly after that!

On mine I use the Minion method to start the fire. I have found that I need to close my Weber top exhaust about 1/3 or 1/2 way closed. I also close the sliding "gate" on the fan down one marking. Works absolutely perfectly after that!

You the man! That's the stuff I was looking for. I do have a weber lid and always use the Minion method too. This is very helpful. Thanks

I run my UDS at 225 for pork butts and briskets. Usually fire it up around 9 pm and meat on by 11 pm. Then it is just a good night sleep and up at 6 am and checking the progress.

Back