• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Another shot at brisket

If you want to marinade...just inject, rub and throw that puppy on the smoker. No need to complicate the process.

Thanks everyone for the help! I will be smoking this bad boy Saturday and will just use a rub. I'll post up some pictures with my results.

Do keep trying. I also highly recommend taking notes about what you do including prep, rub recipe, smoking wood, cooker temperature and so on. I always finish with comments on the results and what I would do differently next time.

I also suggest not to overcomplicate this. I rub my brisket (Raichlen's coffee rub) and put it on the cooker after I get it fired up. And I get good results.

Do keep trying. I also highly recommend taking notes about what you do including prep, rub recipe, smoking wood, cooker temperature and so on. I always finish with comments on the results and what I would do differently next time.

I also suggest not to overcomplicate this. I rub my brisket (Raichlen's coffee rub) and put it on the cooker after I get it fired up. And I get good results.
Just like my drag boat racing days "need to keep records" I will do it!

Dont marinade prime. Use the KISS priciple- keep it simple Put on your rub let it si for several hours or overnight. Put it on smoker when you see the blue smoke asnd cook between 225-250 Dont put on too much woodlet us know how things turn out

I have used this method in the past twice once was great and once was not! Could have been one was prime and other was choice? That is something I have never paid attention to but will from now on.
hahahaha mine was a select grade and it still turned out awesome. Had a huge hard fat cap onit. I must have cut off a few pounds of hard fat.

I would say deffinantly say marinade and inject your lower grades of choice. keep in mind you can have 10 choice briskets and they are not all the same. That's where "you know what you're looking for" really helps.

Prime is something you work up to it's not the same as others unless its mislabeled, do a few select then a lot of choice moving along to CAB prime. I don't know why people go heavy with a sit in marinade I would be looking at a injection over that, most of these fakers know what there talking about on here they've done the leg work, but this world is based on ideas so best of luck brotha on this horse of a different color will be watching..:pop2:

That is a great price for prime...where did u get it?

Nevermind, didn't see there was a 2nd page to this thread

Rubbed with salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and Montreal steak blend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 101
Montreal steak seasoning works well, it has most everything you need. one of the best i have done and tasted was with plowboys bovine bold. it was so good i even slurped up the fat.

I did my first brisket about a month ago. I trimmed it and put a homemade expresso rub on the night before and then cooked hot and fast at 350 the next day. It turned out fantastic. Reading thru a lot of brisket cook threads it seems like a lot of people over think there cooks. I am cooking another one on Monday hopefully I will get the same results. I cook on an old rusted smokin pro with a pitmaster iq temp controller. Here is a pic of my last brisket smoke.
u3aqa7u7.jpg

Back