• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What smoker to buy?

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
If you had $3500-$5000 to spend on a new smoker for your catering and concessions business and your 2 goals for it were 1) To increase cooking capacity and 2) To have the ability to cook whole hogs and wanted one pit to be able to do both what smoker would you buy and why? I have catering and done concessions this year with a trailer pit I made. It has the capacity to cook 24 butts jam packed. My goal for 2011 is to add whole hogs to our catering menu and have extra capacity to cook when vending. Also give me the ability to cater for larger groups, and the ability with two cookers to be able to cater 2 events or cater and vend at the same time.

My thoughts are a Lang 84 but was curious if there was a better option.

Thanks

Ruben

Check out Meadowcreeks new insulated PR 72 they cook a great hog and will what ever else you need.

The Spicewine would be a strech on my budget but it does not look like the $6500 unit would be large enough for a whole hog, or is it?

I would look at getting a Good One from Ace of Hearts. Either their Rodeo model or move up to a Trail Boss I think you can find one of either in that range.

Meadowcreek PR 72 is a great all around cooker, it smokes, grills and reheats all in one, it also puts on a great show if doing a onsite party.

Every Meadowcreek owner I know loves 'em. Some local caterers and competetors from my neck of the woods swear by them. Good luck.

I own a Meadow Creek CD-108. It has a PR-60, a BBQ42 and its trailer mounted. I have the 2nd rack to add additional space in the cooker. I can cook 18 - 20 racks of St. Louis style ribs, close to 300 pounds of butts and up to a 250lb. dressed weight pig, not all at the same time. PM me if you want anymore additional info.

stumps platinum 4. its in your price range and its a great cooker. i own a platinum 5 and it has enough space to cook multiple pigs and everything else at the same time. not to mention you dont have to baby sit it so you can spend the rest of your time concentrating on all your other catering needs.

I have a meadowcreek PR60 and love it. You could get the capacity you need and have extra $$$.

Pete

Back