4 butts, 32 pounds of pork...17 people

CUTigerQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
the 17 adults there devoured the meat...32 pounds of meat and I might have brought 5 pounds home. They couldn't get enough and it really made me think about catering. everything was simply awesome. Baked beans (our own recipe), slaw (our own recipe) and home mde banana Pudding...made for one awesome night. thing is, I didn't have ANY of the meat because I was puking all day yesterday while cooking it...dont know what was wrong with me, but that 5 pounds that is left over is all MINE!!

I wasn't puking ON the meat...but I WAS sick as 40 hells yesterday.

Wow, 32 lbs for 17 and only 5 left over. How big were these people?

Last night I did about 40 some odd lbs, 5 butts, and served 50 dinners. Had almost one full butt left over.

Had beans, slaw, bread, and ice cream for desert.

If you cooked 4 butts, you probably had 16 pounds of finished meat. 17 people eating through about 3 butts is tearing it up, IME.

Hope you get to feeling better.

Sounds like they enjoyed it:thumb:. Hope you're better:-D

boy, you're just jumping right straight into the fire with that new WSM, eh?
glad to hear you're enjoying it and being back home. (both here and off the road :-D).

boy, you're just jumping right straight into the fire with that new WSM, eh?
glad to hear you're enjoying it and being back home. (both here and off the road :-D).

Didn't really have a choice...lol. Wife bought the WSM and then said "cook for our party now". So, I sighed and reluctantly agreed. LOL. Yeah, right. I JUMPED on it.

Back