**Grill Decency Agent Swamprb reporting for duty!**

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
With the latest Craigslist acquisitions to the Weber Appreciation Society!

A few weeks ago I scored this Green OTS "EO" (1995) wood handles on the left for $10

Monday was a double whammy with the Black OTS "G" (1985) with wood handles and a Weber Accessories Starter pack with an unused roast rack, charcoal rails, skewers, and drip pans for $10

On the Right side is another Greenie! This is an OTG "DA" (2001) with char-baskets, Weber chimney and cover for $20
I removed the OTG ash collector and replaced it on my Cajun Bandit!

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

Grill Decency Agent Swamprb signing out until next time! (or you see me on the next episode of Hoarders)

Nice scores man!! So uhh, you interested in selling any of them there lil' fellas?
I have to confess, I've never Q'd anything on a kettle, only ever done burgers & dogs... I'm too cheap to buy a new one and CL around here has no kettles ever...

I'd hate to see kettles start feeling neglected around there... :biggrin:

Awesome score!!! Our C/L is lame at best! But I check regularly just in case...

Very nice score!

*Noob Question*...Swamp or anybody,can you fill me in on the how you can see what year your Weber is from?
All my 2nd hand Webers got wood.

Very nice score!

*Noob Question*...Swamp or anybody,can you fill me in on the how you can see what year your Weber is from?
All my 2nd hand Webers got wood.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]You'll notice one or two letters stamped into the vent dampers of all Weber charcoal grills. This is a code that represents the year of manufacture. In 1979, Weber started using a single letter to denote the year; in 1994, they switched to a two-letter code. Codes were not used prior to 1979.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Here's the list of codes and their corresponding values:[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]A: 1979[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]B: 1980[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]C: 1981[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]D: 1982[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]E: 1983[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]F: 1984[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]G: 1985[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]H: 1986[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]J: 1987[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]K: 1988[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]L: 1989[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]M: 1990[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]N: 1991[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]O: 1992[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]P: 1993[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]EH: 1994[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]EO: 1995[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]ER: 1996[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]EI: 1997[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]EZ: 1998[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]EE: 1999[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DD: 2000[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DA: 2001[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DU: 2002[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DT: 2003[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DH: 2004[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DO: 2005[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DR: 2006[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DI: 2007[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DZ: 2008[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]DE: 2009[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]AD: 2010[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Here's some more interesting info about Weber's code scheme.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]As always...click on any of the pictures to view a larger image.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Code Example[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Here's an example of a vent damper code. This photo shows the two-letter code "EE" from a Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker manufactured in 1999. The code appears on all four WSM vent dampers.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Code Doubles As "Serial Number"[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]If you call Weber Customer Support and ask for a replacement part during the warranty period, the representative may ask you for the "serial number" stamped into the vent damper. But you now know that the "serial number" is actually a date code, and Weber uses that code to determine if you're requesting a warranty claim on a cooker manufactured this year...or ten years ago.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Vent Dampers Without A Code[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]There are reports from a few WSM owners that their vent dampers are not stamped with any code at all. This is simply a manufacturing error, but it makes warranty claims difficult because you cannot provide your "serial number". However, if you remember the year you bought your cooker, you can find your "serial number" from the list of codes above.[/FONT]

(Taken from the virtual weber bulletin board)

Peace.
-Joe

dang man thats an awesome score... you gunna have me over for a cookout? ill bring tasty adult beverages lol. you know im only about 30 minutes away :biggrin:

Great score Swamp! I just got rid of a green OTS with wood handles. I found a pre-79 BBQ Kettle that took it's place.

Here's the key for the Weber date codes once they went to 2 charachters:

A U T H O R I Z E D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

So a date code of EO = 95 (1995), AD = 10 (2010)

Brian, that 85 with the starter kit would probably be a collector item! :biggrin:

Yep, git on down to Swamprb's Kettle farm! He's got miles and miles o' kettles to serve all yer BBQ needs! :lol:

My Boys: Joseph - (EI); Andrew - (EE); Daniel - (EE)
My Toys: Five WSMs (B, DH, DA, EZ, DZ); Brinkman Cimmaron - 1998; Chuckwagon Cooker of unknown pedigree;
22.5" Weber OTG (DT); Two 22.5" Bar-B-Kettles (pre-1979); Smokey Joe (N); Black thermapen ><>

Harbormaster... are your boys aware that they have been "date stamped"? I love it!

Freaking Kettle Hoarder!! While I wish I could find kettles that easy here in my area.......in another way I'm glad I can't. Took me 2 years to find my 2nd Kettle an OTG on CL. Just the other day I hinted to my neighbor that if he ever wants to get rid of his 18.5 red BB Kettle, to let me know. It's a sickness. A freaking sickness. Nice kettles. Those are some oldies too.
Nice score.

Yep, git on down to Swamprb's Kettle farm! He's got miles and miles o' kettles to serve all yer BBQ needs! :lol:
YEEEEEEOW DOGGIE sho nuff is a lot o kettles. Ever see one close to me that you dont want or need please PM me and I'll go fetch. I just want the lid, guess why?

SHEESH! How do you do it? Did you talk the sellers down? Or they just posted at $10? I swear the day I decided I was going to build a UDS is when all of the weber kettles mysteriously disappeared from my county. When I wasn't looking for one, I swear you couldn't throw a dead cat and not hit one, they were laying on the side of the road or in a garbage dump. But now that I need some - no where to be found. There's one on CL here but the chick wants $100 for it!! Maybe I should offer 10 and see.
My goal in life is to have a back yard as beautifully stocked with smokers as yours.

Back