• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008

Just got home!!

Wow!! What a great time!! Just got home and unpacked and had to get on here to first and formost express my thanks for all of the Brethren who pitched in to make sure that Cracker and I had absolutely everything we needed to do this contest!! I can tell you that it is difficult to prepair for a contest when you fly in with nothing and don't know what to expect. Our anxieties were quickly eliminated the moment we arrived.

Sled: Thanks for the Thursday evening feast at La Famiglia!! I still smell like garlic!! That has to be without a doubt, the best Italian that I have ever had and the portions were huge!! Now to the competition. Thank you for making sure we had everything we could possibly need to get the job done. Laura is a keeper!! She was the ultamate hostess, making sure that we were comfortable and had plenty of clean utensils to use during comps. Thanks Laura!!! Couldn't have done it without any of ya!!

Julie: What a sweetheart!! You bent over backwards to make sure we had something to cook on and with. You made Cracker and I your First priority, even over your own team set up!! It was such a pleasure sharing a few laughs and drinks with you and your family.

Willy: You are a Wild Man!! Thanks for the Hooters ( not yours ) and the keg beer.

Big Barry: Man !! You are a funny guy!! Maybe next year I will have to come up and cook with your team!!

Timzcards: Great to meet you and awesome food for the on site judgeing!!

SIDE: Congrats Bro!! Good Job and great to meet you!!

O C PIGS: Great to meet you folks!!

Eric: Great contest and great to meet you. Next year you need to snag a golf cart!!

Blazin Nuts: (Just Kidding) Great to meet you folks!!

Cracker: A GREAT friend and GREAT cooking partner. Bro, we had a blast!! Only you would drive all over Lon-guy-land to find me a 12 pack of beer for me to drink only one and have to throw the rest away cause I couldn't take it on the plane. Your Brisket was right on Brother!! Judges will be Judges!!

If I missed anyone, it's because I am exausted and can't think straight.

Will post more later.

Spice

We never received Porkslab pale ale. Smokers Lounge drank it all..... Interrogate them!!!

Congrats again on taking the grilling title, Frank! I was more than happy to hand it off to a fellow brother and you all are great folks. Really liked the grass green weber too! Now go take care of those blazing nutts!!!

13th Place Chicken

Jay and I tried.....but got edged out by less than a point.
12th place bird brings home no fine rubber bird...note the fine yellow life like rubber.

Congrats to Steve for a fine 13th place bird...

Attachments

• 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 138
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 139
Hi,

I would appreciate if competitors could please let me know if someone from Butternuts Ale came by and gave you some Porkslap Ale. Please let me know if they DID or DID NOT.

Thanks,

Eric

No porkslap ale for us either.

Man, that sounds like a great time was had by all, what a party!
Congratulations to you all for survivng the weekend, and extra congrats to those who walked :)

Hi,

I would appreciate it if the teams that have the signs that say 'Due to Dept. of Health Regulations Teams are NOT allowed to give or sell food to the public' please email me. saberinc@verizon.net

Eric

Wow what a weekend, it was a blast. Eric great job! We had the honor of meeting Smokin Cracker and Spicewine, I have to say it was a lot of fun and can't wait until we can do it again :biggrin: It's always good to know that the Brethren have a volunteer fire department that is on call (I'll have my extinguisher recharged, so we can wait another two years to use it) Brandon we know know that you can walk on a bed of hot coals...totally priceless! The grilling event in my mind went off very well, the on site juding was loved by all but one team :biggrin:. Bob I want to thank you for all your help, your always welcome to cook with us!! Pale Ale nope never got any~! Eric (smoke on the water) thanks again for everything, I so owe you! :biggrin: Clint....Congrats, way to go!! Willy remember I have first dibs:biggrin: Frank remember it's Blazin Nutzs!! a 180 pin dang am I jealous! WTG Dude!! Sled 13th place chicken, what can I say :biggrin: Congrats on all of you accomplishments, you are the man!

I'm sure I've forgotten a bunch but I'll be back to post more:biggrin:

It was a really great time!!

And lets make this clear... it was not a brethren memeber who started that fire... just brethren who put it out.

Congrats Clint ! Way to go. Congrats to all that got a call and all that used their feet to save the day

With his bare feet

I can not say for sure since I was cold, wet and a little tipsy, but I beleive I actually saw him levitate above the flames for a brief moment. Truly a miracle. And the brisket was saved too!!!

Big congrat's to SIDE and everyone that took a walk.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Sure sounds and looks like it was a great time!!!

I can not say for sure since I was cold, wet and a little tipsy, but I beleive I actually saw him levitate above the flames for a brief moment. Truly a miracle. And the brisket was saved too!!!
I did not manage to get a picture of that but I did get a pic of him on the coals

Last edited:
I left out a 6' table for the food drive right next to Collins avenue right behind timcardz /grim reaper. When i went back to get it after awards it was gone.Anybody happen to have it?

Back